The Akai MPK mini is a lightweight and ultra-compact keyboard and MIDI controller with integrated features such as knobs and pads making it an impressive portable performance tool.
Akai MPK mini features 25 velocity sensitive keys, 8 backlit MPC style pads, 8- Q-link knobs as well as an arpeggiator; Akai have taken the small footprint controller to the next level.
The MPK mini connects to your computer via USB and is bus powered so no need for any external power supplies. The keyboard can be banked up and down an octave via the pitch range buttons allowing the user to write full melodies or complex bass lines. The sustain button holds notes freeing up your hands to twist knobs or hit the pads without a sustain pedal.
The velocity sensitive pads are based on the MPC line, ideal for triggering drum samples or to fire scenes within your DAW. Like the keys, you can also bank the pads giving you access to 16 pads in total. The fact they are backlit means they are also suitable for on stage performance.
With no driver installation required, the MPK mini is as simple as plug and play allowing you to get creative the second you’re out of the box.
Akai MPK mini Features:
- Ultra-portable software MIDI controller
- 25-note, velocity-sensitive mini keyboard
- Eight backlit, velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads (2 banks, 16 total)
- Pads can send note information, MIDI CCs and program changes
- Eight assignable Q-Link knobs to adjust virtually any parameter
- Built-in Arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range and patterns
- Tap-Tempo button to quickly adjust pace of the Arpeggiator
- Dedicated Octave Up, Octave Down and Sustain buttons
- Program Recall button to restore up to 4 separate global settings
- Solid Akai Pro design
- Powered through USB