Avid Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt + HD MADI System is a new generation of Pro Tools system comprising of a HD Native Thunderbolt interface, HD MADI audio interface and industry-standard Pro Tools HD software - a professional and portable native solution that meets the highest audio standards.
Released in 2010, Pro Tools HD Native has quickly become the most popular system for users that require near-zero latency without the DSP-acceleration of Pro Tools HD or HDX. Originally released as a PCI-Express-only card, HD Native did not cater easily for laptop users without the need for separate expansion chassis - not any more!
The included Thunderbolt interface offers the same features as the standard PCI-Express card with the added benefit of ultra-fast Thunderbolt connectivity and high-quality on-board headphone monitoring. Using Thunderbolt offers supreme performance by virtually eliminating the inherent latency found with USB and FireWire devices, allowing you to concentrate on the production without having to worry about recording or performance delay.
Pro Tools HD Native supports: up to 256 voices and audio tracks, near-zero latency, 512 MIDI and Aux tracks, 64 channels of I/O, automatic delay compensation up to 16k samples, 64-bit floating-point mixer depth for increased headroom and more.
Also included is the Avid HD MADI, a high-performance audio interface with unprecedented I/O flexibility designed to completely integrate with any Pro Tools HD system. Resembling previous generation interfaces, HD I/O has been completely redesigned on the inside with high-quality electronics, giving you pristine conversion at the lowest possible latency.
The HD MADI features: 64 audio streams between Pro Tools|HD and other MADI devices, 2 MADI inputs (optical and coaxial); 2 MADI outputs (simultaneous optical and coaxial) and Word Clock and Loop Sync I/O.
Avid Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt + HD MADI System main features includes:
- High-speed Thunderbolt interface
- Near-zero latency, the highest performance of any native digital audio workstation
- Create bigger sessions with up to 256 audio tracks and up to 64 channels of I/O
- Get the ideal tracking experience and set-and-forget direct monitoring with an integrated low-latency monitor mode
- Boost your capabilities with advanced automation, surround mixing, input monitoring, AFL/PFL solo, destructive punch, and other professional features
- Conveniently monitor every detail with the audiophile-grade headphone out, which provides enough gain to drive high impedance headphones
- Get better sounding mixes with native plug-ins, plus Automatic Delay Compensation on hardware and software inserts
- Share sessions with Pro Tools|HDX and Pro Tools|HD users without any loss of data
- Synchronize to time-code and video reference, with frame-edge accuracy, when using SYNC HD (sold separately)
- Get total flexibility—work with Mac or Windows, Pro Tools HD or third-party software, and more
- What's Included: Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt interface; Pro Tools HD software installation DVD (includes all bundled software); Audio Loops DVD; Training Video DVD; User guides; iLok USB Smart Key (for software authorization); Registration card and software activation cards; 12-foot DigiLink Mini cable for Pro Tools HD Series interface connection; DigiLink to DigiLink Mini adapter for older Pro Tools interface connection
- System Requirements: Thunderbolt-equipped computer (Avid-qualified Apple or Windows-based computer recommended); Mac OS X Lion (32 or 64-bit) or Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit); Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz processor or faster; Minimum 4GB of Memory required (8GB or more recommended); NVIDIA Quadro FX family graphics card (FX 560 or higher recommended); Minimum 80GB 7200 RPM internal hard drive; USB port for iLok authorization