The Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP is a FireWire audio interface with 16 inputs, eight outputs and Focusrite's VRM technology.
The Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP takes the same successful audio interface as the Saffire Pro 24, and adds Focusrite's Virtual Reference Monitoring (VRM) feature and a DSP chip to allow the use of tracking tools including compression, limiting and comfort reverb, all without draining the user's computer processing power.
The Pro 24 DSP is equipped with two XLR/TRS combo inputs with Focusrite's award-winning preamps. They feature individual gain controls and Phantom Power. There are also an additional two TRS jack inputs on the rear of the unit, as well as six TRS jack outputs. There is a dedicated Monitor Volume control on the front of the unit, along with two headphone outputs with Volume level controls.
What sets the Saffire Pro 24 DSP apart from its sibling is the inclusion of DSP effects and VRM (Virtual Reference Monitoring) technology, allowing users mixing through headphones to hear how their mixes will translate to other listening scenarios, in various listening environments through both professional and commercial speakers. This feature is also incredibly useful for those who cannot mix through speakers or an acoustically treated room.
The Saffire PRO 24 DSP comes with a copy of Saffire MixControl, a 16 x 8 DSP mixer and router providing excellent control of the interface with extremely low latency, in addition to the Xcite+ bundle, offering Ableton Live Lite 8, Novation soft-synth and a great selection of royalty-free loops and samples.
The Saffire PRO 24 can be powered either solely by FireWire, or with the included 12v DC adapter, and can be connected to either PC or Mac systems. There are also inputs and outputs for MIDI and S/PDIF, as well as an Optical input.
The main features of the Focusrite PRO 24 DSP include:
- Firewire audio interface with 16 inputs and eight outputs
- 24-bit/96kHzHigh quality A-D/D-A conversion with JetPPL jitter reduction technology
- Built-in DSP-powered, low-latency tracking and mixing tools and effects, including compression, limiting and comfort reverb
- VRM (Virtual Reference Monitoring) technology for mixing with headphones and hearing how the mix will transfer to other listening environments and speakers
- Includes Xcite+ bundle which features Ableton Live Lite 8, Novation soft-synth and royalty-free loops and samples
- Also includes Saffire MixControl low-latency DSP mixer and router and Focusrite plug-in suite
- Two XLR/TRS jack combo inputs with Phantom Power and Gain controls, two TRS jack input on the rear of the unit
- Six TRS jack outputs and two headphone outputs
- MIDI input and output
- S/PDIF input and output
- Optical input
- Powered by FireWire or the included 12v DC adapter
- Requires Windows or Mac OS with 1GHz processor and 512MB RAM minimum