The Lexicon OMEGA DESKTOP Recording Studio. Contains all the necessary components to transform your computer into a professional 24-bit recording studio, all in one box.
The Lexicon OMEGA DESKTOP is a completely integrated computer recording system that includes the Omega 8x4x2 USB I/O Mixer, Steinberg’s Cubase LE audio and MIDI recording software, and Lexicon’s world-class Pantheon VST Reverb plug-in. The Omega Desktop Recording Studio quite literally contains all the necessary components to transform your computer into a professional 24-bit recording studio, all in one box. Unlike standard computer I/O boxes based on a patch bay concept, the Lexicon Omega Studio is designed and built around the same paradigm as large-format recording consoles. An 8-input, 4-Bus, 2-output USB I/O mixer with inserts, instrument input, MIDI I/O and complete metering and monitoring functions gives you the freedom to record up to 4 tracks at once and mix without the need for additional mixing hardware. Two dbx Silver Series mic preamps with 48V phantom power provide a pristine front end for high-end condenser or more common dynamic microphones, insuring premium sound quality from the first take to the last. TRS insert points allow you to plug in your favorite dynamic processors before the signal reaches one of the 4 busses, where 24-bit converters transform the analog signal into a digital masterpiece. Four servo-balanced TRS line inputs with up to +22dBu input levels let you hook up everything from keyboards to guitar preamps, including high-output professional gear. Stereo digital inputs are available via SPDIF jacks, and an additional high-impedance instrument input is included on the front panel for easy access to guitars and basses. Finally, a fully opto-isolated MIDI input to ensures that there is no annoying ground loop hum or MIDI talk-through noise common with many I/O boxes and sound cards; MIDI output has rock-solid synchronization to USB frame rate to support applications requiring critical sync. The Omega I/O mixer also features channel peak indicators for each analog input as well as an assignable bargraph meter for the 4 busses. By monitoring the signal before the A/D converters, clipping and distortion can be averted, unlike software-only level monitoring that can miss overs, ruining the track. All these are put together just like a big recording console, with input gain controls, four recording busses, and full monitoring features, in one attractive, portable I/O Mixer. Just plug it into your Mac or PC computer with the included USB cable, and you’re instantly ready to capture the moment.
The main features of the Lexicon OMEGA DESKTOP include:
- Contains all the necessary components to transform your computer into a professional 24-bit recording studio, all in one box
- Supplied with Cubase LE software recording suite, from Steinberg, and the acclaimed Lexicon Pantheon VST reverb plug-in (limited to Cubase LE use)
- Microphone Inputs: (2) Female XLR Pin 2 Hot
- Phantom Power +48 Volt
- Frequency Response +0, -0.2 dB 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ref. 1 kHz
- THD+N <.005%, 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Insert Inputs (2) 1/4 inch TRS balanced or unbalanced
- Line Inputs (4) 1/4 inch TRS balanced or unbalanced
- Instrument Input (1) 1/4 inch mono jack
- Line Outputs (2) 1/4” TRS balanced or unbalanced
- Headphone Output (1) 1/4 inch stereo jack 100 mW per channel at 50 Ohms
- Digital Audio Input Coaxial RCA (S/PDIF format)
- Digital Audio Output Coaxial RCA (S/PDIF format) always transmits the audio data from the USB stream
- D/A and A/D Conversion Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz (determined by computer application)
- Dimensions 4.625 W x 7.25 H x 7.75 Inches D (118mm x 184mm x 197mm)
- Weight 2.65 lbs.
- Computer Requirements: Windows XP Home or XP Professional, Pentium III® 500 MHz or AMD K7 (Pentium 4/Athlon 1 GHz or faster recommended), 256 MB RAM (512 recommended), 180 MB hard disk space for application, multiple gigabytes for recording; USB or USB 2 port*(Some USB hubs may not support full bandwidth)
- Computer Requirements: Macintosh® Mac OS X Version 10.2.8 or higher, Power Mac G4 or G5 450 MHz or faster, 256 MB RAM (512 recommended), 180 MB hard disk space for application, multiple gigabytes for recording; USB or USB 2 port* (Some USB hubs may not support
Lexicon Omega Desktop Recording Studio (code 19556)
Contains all the necessary components to transform your computer into a professional 24-bit recording studio, all in one box.
£115.00 (inc vat)