The Metric Halo Mobile I/O 2882 Expanded modular DSP Audio Interfaces. The Mobile I/O 2882, is a portable, high-quality, modular FireWire based multi-format audio I/O for professional and multimedia applications. The 2882 is the same as the standard Mobile I/O but with high-quality onboard DSP processing. The 2882 is based on a fully field-upgradable, programmable audio engine, which future-proofs users against changes to the FireWire specification and provides a low-cost path to future enhancements.
The Metric Halo Mobile I/O 2882 is about the same size as a laptop computer and only 1U high, making it perfect for home and the studio, and the first choice for the field. Mobile I/O 2882 was designed to provide on-board low-latency signal processing for seamless fold-back mixing in tracking. The 2882 supports simultaneous input and output of all the major audio standards: analog balanced and unbalanced (Mic, Line and Instrument), S/PDIF, AES, ADAT Optical and IEEE 1394.
In addition to 8 line-level outputs, each Mobile I/O 2882 provides an independent stereo headphone mix and output. Analog inputs and outputs are all 24-bit, 96kHz compatible. The Mobile I/O Series provides word-clock input and output allowing transparent professional interfacing of multiple units for larger systems. Mobile I/O is fully modular and interoperable. All units support 400mbs operation, and overall system support will run up to 128 total channels of 96k audio. Support for up to 256 total channels of 48k audio is also possible. Units may be mixed and matched for optimal I/O and processing configurations.
The Metric Halo Mobile I/O 2882 Features:
- 8 Mic/Line/Instrument analog inputs
- 8 analog outputs on balanced TRS connectors
- 24/96k converters on all channels
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O (switchable to TOSLINK)
- Headphone amp with front panel mute/dim
- Full front-panel metering
- Remote level control on all channels
- AES-S/PDIF Digital I/O with selectable SRC
- v.5 Configurable mixer for near-zero latency mixing and routing
- Metric Halo’s unique instantiable +DSP processing
- DC power system for wall, FireWire bus, and battery operation world-wide
- Total Recall with MIO Console
- OS X drivers with multi-box support
- Compact, convenient, and the best value in pro-audio today!