The Novation ZeRo SL MK2 USB MIDI Controller is a full digital audio workstation (DAW) and plug-in control interface for live and studio use. A 144 character display, backlit LED buttons and encoder LED rings keep you informed of all control information. This also makes the Zero ideal for live performance where parameters need to be identified instantly. Ultra-quick mapping and software selection for the hardware (56 knobs, faders and buttons) is initiated via the ground-breaking Automap PRO software. The graphical interface gives the user visual representation of current mapping.
The ZeRo SL MK2 equips the modern DAW user with every dimension of hardware control, enabling a hands-on approach to navigating software, mixing and controlling plug-ins. The Novation allows you manually mix your music instead of using a mouse.
As mentioned the ZeRo has 8 continuous rotary encoders that have 11 segment LED rings around each of them, allowing encoders to behave like pots so the user can see the value before adjusting them. All the buttons have LEDs underneath them so users can instantly see their status without having to press them. There are 8 soft-feel drum pads, a pitch/modulation wheel and an X/Y Xpression touchpad which (along with footswitch and sustain pedal inputs), are all fully assignable to any parameter with the Automap software.
It can be mounted in a 19" rack, used as a desk-top controller, or angled for performance using legs that are included with the unit. Working with all the major DAW manufacturers, Novation have developed the ZeRo to make sure all the knobs and faders control
the parts of your software you want them to control.
The Novation Zero SL MK2 USB MIDI Controller Main Features Include:
- Illuminated controls provide instant visual feedback: Brightly lit LED rings around the eight smooth encoders, and backlit buttons throughout provide instant visual feedback for every physical control, further reducing reliance on the computer screen.
- Giant 144-character LCD screen: Frees the artist from being chained to the computer screen, placing all the essential data right alongside the relevant controls.
- Huge array of touch-sensitive controls: Full control surface supporting ultra-flexible DAW control and Auto-mappable plug-in controls, 16 knobs, 8 faders and 32 assignable backlit LED buttons.
- Automap PRO Control Software: SL Mk II comes with Automap software which enables you to instantly map software parameters to faders, buttons, encoders and pots and other controllers.
- MIDI control interface: Built in MIDI I/O Interface and comprehensive MIDI implementation provide complete control over all external hardware synths and other external MIDI devices.
- Novation’s unique ‘speed dial’: A touch-sensitive rotary encoder that instantly takes control of whatever your mouse is focused on, providing real time access for composers and performers alike.
- Crossfader: ZeRO SL Mk II has a fully assignable crossfader making it ideal for Live performance with programmes such as Ableton.
- Programmable ‘soft-feel’ drumpads: Eradicates the need for a separate set of drumpad triggers, providing the ideal platform for sketching out beats or triggering samples.
- Unique 2-Axis Controls: Fantastic ‘Xpression’ pad and adjustably sprung pitch/mod joystick, both freely assignable in MIDI Controlling mode.
- Dedicated, yet fully-assignable transport buttons: Control the sequencer’s start/stop/loop/record/forward/rewind actions, direct from the MIDI controller, reducing reliance on mouse and screen, or switch them out to allow use of more assignable buttons. SL Mk II recalls how these buttons were previously assigned.
- USB buss powering: Provides the artist with a mobile MIDI control solution, freeing them from the confines of the studio.
- Includes the Xcite+ bundle: Featuring a host of royalty-free loops and samples, a full-fledged soft-synth and Ableton Live 7 Lite, providing an affordable upgrade path to Ableton Live.
- Mac System Requirements: Mac OSX 10.4.0 or greater (Leopard also supported) | G4/1GHz, both with 256MB RAM.
- Windows System Requirements: Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or greater (Vista 32/64 also supported) | Pentium 3/1GHz/256MB RAM (machines running Vista will require a higher spec).
- Dimensions: Approx W=445mm, H=68mm, D=200mm
Novation Zero SL MK2 USB MIDI Controller (code 63779)
The MK II includes 56 knobs, faders and buttons and Automap 3 Pro Software.
£199.99 (inc vat)