The RME HDSP MULTIFACE II analog/digital-interface. A powerful external break-out box for the HDSP System that delivers multi channel professional audio on your Mac or Windows computer.
The RME HDSP MULTIFACE II is not only multi because of the many different interface formats supported, but also multi-channel. The small box using half the space of a 19 inch rack includes outstanding power and extensive features. Based on RME's award-winning Hammerfall technology and equipped with the latest circuit designs of the Fireface 800, the RME HDSP MULTIFACE II offers ADAT optical I/O, SPDIF I/O, MIDI I/O, word clock I/O and a separate hi-power monitor output. The RME HDSP MULTIFACE II also provides 8 analog inputs and outputs, balanced and 96 kHz/24 bit, of course. All this can be used on laptops as well as on desktop computers with 'zero cpu load' and low latency. The front panel of the Multiface II hosts some useful status LEDs, like MIDI state, lock state of the digital inputs and error state of the host-bus. Additionally there's a high-quality 24 bit/96 kHz analog line output, also usable with headphones, and one MIDI I/O. Multiface II has a rear panel with unrivalled connectivity: 8 analog line I/Os on 1/4 inch TRS jacks (balanced, 24 bit/96 kHz), ADAT optical I/O (switchable to SPDIF optical), SPDIF I/O coaxial and word clock I/O. The RME Multiface 2 can be used with laptops as well as desktop computers. The connection to notebooks is achieved via a CardBus card, the connection to desktops via a PCI card. These interfaces are sold separately.
The main features of the RME HDSP MULTIFACE II include:
- A powerful external break-out box for the HDSP System that delivers multi channel professional audio on your Mac or Windows computer
- 8 x analog line I/O, 96 kHz/24 bit, SNR 111 dBA, 1/4 inch TRS jacks
- 1 x ADAT digital I/O
- 1 x SPDIF digital I/O
- 1 x Word clock I/O (BNC)
- 1 x hi-power analog line/headphone output, separate output for independent submix
- 1 x MIDI I/O, 16 channels high-speed MIDI
- Comes with DIGICheck: the ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool
- Hardware level calculation: freely scalable level meters, peak and RMS calculation without CPU load
- TotalMix: 720 channel mixer with 40 bit internal resolution. MIDI remote controllable
- S/MUX poured in hardware: 4 channels 96 kHz/24 bit for record and playback via ADAT optical
- RME HDSP MULTIFACE II supports drivers for Windows 98/ME (MME with multi-client operation, ASIO 2.0, GSIF), Windows 2000/XP (fully multi-client operation of MME, GSIF and ASIO 2.0 plus ASIO multi-client), Mac OS 9.x (ASIO 2.0, OMS MIDI) and Mac OS X (Core Audio, Core MIDI)