The Universal Audio Apollo Quad is the first Thunderbolt-ready high resolution audio interface to capture analogue simplicity and digital flexibility in a pristine all-in-one recording system. Classic analogue design combines with cutting-edge DSP technology to deliver a host of features, class-leading performance and seamless, future-proof integration.
The UA Apollo Quad features 18 inputs and 24 outputs feeding high-end AD/DA conversion; 4 premium digitally controlled preamps and 2 DI inputs allow connection of microphones, guitars and other instruments. These inputs can be switched from the front-panel along with gain, phase, low-cut, pad and phantom power. The 10 segment LED meters provide a visual indication for levels, input channel status and clock settings. Also featured on the front are 2 discrete headphone outputs and gain control for recording and monitoring duties.
Alongside the mic and instrument inputs are a whole host of I/O options, including: 8 analogue I/O, dedicated monitor outputs, 8 channels of ADAT I/O, stereo S/PDIF and word clock I/O. There are also 2 Firewire 800 ports (as standard) for multi-box linking and connection of other Firewire compatible devices.
The Apollo Quad also includes award-winning UAD DSP processing technology, allowing any UAD powered plugin to be used in real-time at near-zero latency. This technology combined with UA's design heritage makes Apollo an ideal choice for professionals seeking a high-resolution, DSP-accelerated solution with a fast and easy workflow. Apollo is compatible with all major DAWs and ships with a comprehensive Console application and Recall plugin to ensure all settings are recalled flawlessly every time.
Located at the rear of the Apollo, is the Thunderbolt expansion bay ready to accept the user-installable option card (sold separately). Found on the newest Apple Mac Computers, Thunderbolt provides higher throughput, improved performance, and increased plugin instances than conventional Firewire and USB systems.
The Universal Audio Apollo Quad is the culmination of 10 years of analogue and digital audio development - creating the ultimate next-generation DSP-accelerated audio interface.
UA Apollo Video: Check out our exclusive NAMM 2012 Universal Audio Apollo video overview:
The Universal Audio Apollo Quad main features include:
- High resolution 24-bit/192-kHz audio interface with real-time UAD processing engine
- UAD-2 QUAD power with 4 Analog Devices SHARC DSP processors
- 4 digitally controlled mic preamps
- 8 balanced analogue line I/O
- 2 front-panel JFET DI instrument inputs
- 2 digitally controlled analog outputs
- 8 channels of ADAT digital
- 2 channels of S/PDIF
- Word-clock input and output
- Firewire 800 (built-in) as standard and Thunderbolt expansion bay
- Apollo Console application and companion Console Recall (VST/AU/RTAS) plugin
- Core Audio and ASIO drivers for DAW compatibility
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7 (Windows 7 support coming Summer 2012)