The Garritan Steinway Virtual Concert Grand Piano: Basic Edition is the first Steinway sampled software that has been endorsed by Steinway and Sons, one of the finest piano makers in the world. Now the Steinway Grand Piano can be yours to play wherever you like, with this authentic virtual instrument software.
The Steinway Virtual Concert Grand Piano from Garritan is based on the Steinway Model D Grand Piano, their best and most popular grand piano, also the number one choice for concert pianists. In this Steinway software edition Garritan have successfully captured the distinct tonal characterises of the Steinway Model D Grand. Garritan created the Steinway Virtual piano in partnership with Steinway and Sons, and decided to record the Model D Grand in one of the finest venues in the world, The Troy Music Hall.
Multiple features are available in this Steinway Virtual Concert Grand Piano software, so you can customise your Model D Grand for your music projects. Features include sustain resonance and sympathetic resonance using convolution-based DSP modules. Mechanical noises are adjustable, as well as velocity curves and polyphony. Garritan have used their powerful Aria Instrument Engine to deliver the sounds of the Steinway Model D. You can set MIDI playback, record in standalone, control ambience reverb and tweak using the 3-band EQ.
The main features of the Steinway Virtual Concert Grand Piano include:
- Created in partnership with Steinway and Sons
- The very finest concert grand piano—the Steinway Model D Concert Grand hand-picked by Steinway and Sons
- Overseen by Steinway and Sons most accomplished master technician
- Sustain/Sostenuto/Soft pedal support
- Proportional sustain pedaling
- Sustain resonance and sympathetic resonance using convolution-based DSP modules
- Adjustable mechanical noises
- Adjustable velocity curves
- Recorded soft pedal samples including releases
- Adjustable polyphony
- A variety of historical tunings and Scala files
- Aria Instrument Engine by Plogue included
- MIDI playback and record in standalone
- Ambience reverb and 3 band EQ
- Graceful Copy Protection (no dongles or challenge response)
- Many more compelling features
- PC: Windows XP/Vista, 2.8 Ghz CPU Pentium 4 or better.
- MAC: OS X 10.4 and higher, 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo Mac Intel or better.
- 2 GB RAM Recommended
- Hard drive speed of at least 7200 RPM
- DVD ROM drive required for installation
- Monitor with 1,024x768 resolution or better
- A sound card compatible with ASIO
- MIDI: Many keyboards use USB. A MIDI interface may be required if you are using a MIDI keyboard (88-key full-sized MIDI keyboard with pedals is recommended).
- High quality speakers and amplifier, or high quality headphones
- Plug-in (VST, Audio Units and RTAS), as well as supported notation programs
Garritan Steinway Concert Grand Basic Edition Virtual Instrument Software (code 92880)
Virtual Grand Piano Software Based on the Steinway Model D
£TBA (inc vat)