The MOTU MachFive 3 Competitive Upgrade is a Competitive Software Upgrade from alternative brand Software Sampler titles - simply tell MOTU what sampler you have been using upon registration.
The MOTU MachFive 3 Software Sampler delivers state-of-the-art virtual instrument technology to your desktop studio. From the configurable part list to the full-screen envelope editor, MOTU MachFive 3 has been designed to spur your creative muse while delivering state-of-the-art virtual instrument technology in a streamlined, efficient environment. After all, music, sound design, and audio production are creative endeavors that deserve a worthy partner in creativity.
Compared to a typical software instrument, MachFive's scripted virtual instruments are like the difference between a simple guitar preset and a real guitar player. MachFive's sophisticated instruments are truly technological marvels: they model not only the sounds of an instrument, in minute detail, but also the playing characteristics.
MachFive's signature scripted instruments give you incredibly realistic core instruments that are basic necessities for any studio: drums, bass, guitar, piano, and percussion. But that's just the beginning. MachFive also includes thousands of loops and phrases. From break-beats to mixed choirs, there's an entire universe to explore.
MachFive 3's on-screen mixer is an easy and inuititive way to set channel levels, panning, and effects inserts for each part. But that's only the beginning. MachFive's effects architecture has been enhanced and expanded to give you all the flexibility you need for completely self-contained mixing and routing, including unlimited parts (channel strips), unlimited effects, master effects (bus and aux), program effects (bus and aux), part effects, and much more.
This software requires an iLok Software Authorisation Device, please see related products.
The main features of the MachFive 3 include:
- State-of-the-art virtual instrument technology
- Massive 45 GB sound library (7 DVDs)
- Unique, unified design provides instruments, loops, phrases, synthesis and FX in one easy-to-use window.
- Scripting engine with unlimited layers
- IRCAM technology: Cutting-edge time-stretching, pitch-shifting & granular synthesis licensed from the IRCAM research institute.
- Directly reads all major 3rd-party hardware/software sample formats for consolidated sound library management.
- Graphic mixer with faders, FX inserts, and unlimited channels.
- Flexible effects architecture with 47 different effects, including convolution reverb.
- Deep synthesis architecture with twelve sound engines and flexible modulation matrix.
- Full-screen editing
- Unlimited parts
- 3rd-generation UVI Engine acclaimed worldwide for its superb sound quality.
- Multiple outputs: Submix to 17 stereo output pairs.
- Disk streaming
- Unlimited polyphony with ultra-low software latency.
- Operating Systems: Mac OS X version 10.5, 10.6, or 10.7 (v10.5.8 or later is required), Windows 7 or Vista (SP2 or later is required)
- 64-bit operation: Requires a 64-bit CPU (and host application for plug-in versions)
- iLok Required