Band-in-a-Box is an intelligent automatic accompaniment program for your multimedia computer. You can hear and play along to many song ideas and go from "nothing" to "something" in a
very short period of time with Band-in-a-Box as your "on demand" backup band.
Band-in-a-Box is a powerful and creative music composition tool for exploring and developing musical ideas with near-instantaneous feedback. Over the years many features have been added to Band-in-a-Box - Notation, Lyrics, Melody Tracks, Harmonization, and a programmable StyleMaker. The Soloist and the Melodist are two major "intelligent" features; the Soloist generates professional quality solos over any chord progression, the Melodist can create songs from scratch with Chords, Melodies, Intros, Solos, and even a Title!
The Latest Version of Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh is built for OS X 10.2 or higher. NOTE: This version is OS X-ONLY. It will not run in Mac Classic Mode (OS 9.x and earlier)
- All New 32-bit PPC Program Engine.
- Odd-Time Signature Support.
- Maximum Number of Soloists increased to 1,024, and new Soloists added.
- Harmony - Low Root Feature.
- Transform 4/4 Melody to a Waltz 3/4
- Melody-Edit-Utilities-Transform to 4/4.
- Bass player plays better "5ths" over some Jazz chords.
- "Chase Volumes" added for playback.
- StylePicker Enhancements.
- Video and Audio Memo support.
- Soloist "Note-Density" option.
- Dedicated menu items added on GM Menu for "Turn Local On", "Turn Local Off" and "When program quits, turn local on".