This is the educational version of Reason 10.
Propellerhead Reason 10 (EDU) is a digital audio workstation and virtual studio featuring integrated instruments and effects with rack extension support. Propellerhead have added two brand-new synths, three sampled instruments and two devices previously only available as optional Rack Extensions to Reason 10.
The most exciting addition in Reason 10 is the Europa Shapeshifting Synthesizer, which is a dynamically-generated wavetable instrument that enables you to apply a wide range of modulation to your waveform. This deep but accessible synth offers spectral filtering, harmonics processing and the ability to draw your own custom waveforms. The Grain Sample Manipulator uses granular synthesis so you can drop a sample into it and can then start working with its multiple algorithms, modulation features, routing options and effects.
There are also three sampled instrument collections produced in collaboration with Soundiron, featuring 10 melodic percussion instruments, Pangea World Instruments containing 11 world instruments, and the Humana Vocal Ensemble offers choirs and solo vocals.
Additionally the Reason 10 contains the Radical Piano and Synchronous Effect Modulator from the Rack Extension store to form part of the standard rack. The former is a flexible and bendable piano instrument, whilst the latter allows you to create quick sidechain effects or draw your own LFO curves to control filter, delay, reverb, distortion and level. There is also more than 3GB of new sample content in the Reason Drum Supply and Reason Loop supply ReFills.
The main features of the Propellerhead Reason 10 (EDU) include:
- Synths: Europa Shapeshifting Synthesizer, Grain Sample Manipulator, Thor Polysonic Synthesizer, Malström Graintable Synthesizer, Subtractor Analog Synthesizer
- Beats & Loops: Kong Drum Designer, Redrum Drum Computer, Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player
- Creative Playing: Scales & Chords, Dual Arpeggio, Note Echo
- Samples: Klang Tuned Percussion, Pangea World Instrument, Humana Vocal Ensemble, Radical Piano, NN-XT Advanced Sampler, NN-19 Sampler, ID-8 Instrument Device
- Creative Control: Combinator, RPG-8
- Creative Flow: Browser, Drag ‘n’ Drop, Buttons, Sequencer, Rack, Backside, Easy ‘n’ Deep, CV
- Patches: 486x Drum & Percussion, 307x Bass, 290x Leads, 169x Plucks & Mallets, 292x Pads, 540x Keys & Chords, 88x Textures, 68x Arpeggiated, 86x Sequences, 267x FX, 66x Guitar, 101x Brass & Wind, 170x Strings & Voice
- Samples: 5800x Drum & Percussion
- Orkester Soundbank: 68x Brass, 4x Harp, 12x Mallets, 26x Percussion, 107x Strings, 85x Woodwinds
- Effects: 182x Delays, 9x Beat Repeaters, 211x Dynamics, 132x EQ & Filtering, 83x Filtering FX, 43x Gating & Chopper, 9x Instrument Processors, 33x Mastering, 4x MIDI Kbd Controlled FX, 158x Modulation FX, 52x Multi FX, 38x Pattern Based, 20x Pitch Processing, 332x Reverbs, 14x Utilities, 7x Vocoders, 5x Voice Synths, 125x Softube Amps, 25x Softube Bass Amps
- Mac OS X: Intel Mac with Multi-Core Processor, OS X 10.7 or Later (64-Bit), CoreAudio Compliant Audio Interface or Built-In Audio Hardware
- Windows: Intel or AMD Multi-Core Processor, Windows 7 or Later (64-Bit), Audio Interface with ASIO Driver
- Monitor: 1280x768 Resolution
- RAM: 4GB
- Free System Disk Space Required: 4GB