The Toontrack EZKeys Upright Piano is the second edition of Toontrack's EZKeys software series, offering a songwriting tool, virtual piano player and brilliantly sampled upright piano in a standalone software and plug-in for DAWs.
Following on from Toontrack's successful EZKeys Grand Piano, the Upright Piano version takes the same simple EZKeys design and combines it with an upright piano sound library, sourced from a carefully sampled Östlind & Almquist upright piano, providing rich and warm tones.
The included MIDI library features parts played by professional players in all major styles, including pop, rock, gospel, country and jazz. There are MIDI parts to cover all song elements (intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus and bridge), played with increasing intensity as the song develops. MIDI parts can be dragged and dropped into the EZKeys arranger, with a chord wheel to choose and edit the voicings of chords quickly and easily.
EZKeys Upright Piano runs on the new EZKeys 1.1 update, which adds some innovative new features to further improve the user experience. These include the ability to drag and drop single chords directly from the Chord Selector to the timeline or 'favourites' section for easy access. Other improvements include an option to humanise a pre-quantised MIDI part, and a recording function in the EZKeys timeline, which allows users to record their own part to an existing chord progression.
EZKeys is especially useful for songwriters who do not play piano, but are keen to add piano parts to their songs and, with the extensive MIDI library covering most styles, it couldn't be easier. EZKeys Upright Piano extends the sound options available and the Sound Expansion option allows existing EZKeys users a cheaper way of adding the Upright Piano version to their arsenal.
The main features of the Toontrack EZKeys Upright Piano include:
- A new addition to the EZKeys series
- Takes the great features of EZKeys Grand Piano and combines it with an Upright Piano sound library
- Comes with EZKeys 1.1, an improved user interface
- Excellent Östlind & Almquist upright piano sample library
- Real-time chord display that enables users to instantly see what chords they are playing
- Chord selector, based upon the circle of fifths, allowing users to change chords instantly
- Presets for the most commonly used chord types
- Transpose individual song blocks or full songs with a single mouse-click
- Comes with an easy to understand music theory document including MIDI examples
- Dynamics controls to adjust the velocity response to match keyboard or playing style
- Sustain, sostenuto and damping pedals
- MIDI-learn and automation
- Thirteen ready-made presets utilizing high-quality effects from Overloud
- Extensive MIDI library played by a professional session pianist
- All major styles covered (Pop/Rock, Soul/RnB, Country, Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Boogie, Funk)
- All song parts performed in full 8 bar or longer blocks
- 32- and 64-bit VST, AU and RTAS instrument as well as low latency stand-alone application
- EZkeys Upright Piano is extremely low on system resources and only needs 500 MB of RAM
- Normal loading time from launch to ready-to-play is less than ten seconds