The Faderfox SC4 Universal USB DJ Controller is a universal USB DJ controller, featuring 8 push encoders, 8 switchable controller groups, and an integrated monophonic sequencer. The all-rounder has 8 push-encoders with detents, all switchable to 8 controller groups that allow to control a total amount of 128 control parameters. Amazing LED crowns show the current values of all encoders and push buttons in a very ergonomic way. Various kinds of midi commands like program change, pitchbend and control change in relative and absolute mode with different acceleration amounts are possible. All these properties are fully programmable on the devices very fast and easy for each control separately. A small display informs about programmings and control values.
The encoders can work as high resolution 14bit controllers too (control change or pitchbend) which makes them suitable for sensitive parameters like resonating filter cutoffs or similar things. Use the internal 30 setups to save your individual settings. Backup and restore of all settings by sysex dumps is possible too. The factory settings are perfect to control music and video software products out of the box if they are freely assignable. So any additional device programming isn’t necessary for many applications. The little box is also a great extension for your Ableton Live setup. There you can control all the continues parameters like track volumes, rack macros, send amounts, track pannings etc. A special control surface script for Ableton Live 8/9 with all necessary mappings is enclosed in the package. With that script you can also use two SC4 devices to control up to 16 tracks simultaneously.
The integrated monophonic sequencer with 8 tracks and 8 patterns is another highlight of the SC4. The sequence unit is a bit similar to the M185 sequencer from RYK for the Roland system 100m with a lot of extensions. First you can switch each of the 8 controller groups to any of 7 different track types like note, octave, repeat, CC, accent/link, length/skip and probability. Each of the 8 available sequencer stages of a pattern can have its own length about 1 to 8 clocks which was also one of the unique features of the M185 sequencer. Two special groups controls various pattern and sequencer functions. 8 patterns with 8 stages are linkable to a maximum amount of 64 stages. You can write, reload and copy patterns on the fly. Because of many different sequencer functions like tempo, gate length, transpose, swing, scale and direction the SC4 becomes very flexible.
Of course there are also midi clock sync, tempo tap, clock reset, reset counter and a nudge functions to get the perfect sync with your other gear. Remote the sequencer transpose, direction, clock reset and pattern select by a connected midi keyboard to have a much greater performance. Special random and probability functions give your tracks more variations and liveness. Combinations of controller and sequencer groups are possible as well and all of these you can program independently for each of the 30 setups. Simultaneous control of external gear and software instruments is no problem for the SC4 due to the available USB and MIDI ports.
The main features of the Faderfox SC4 Universal USB DJ Controller include:
- Universal controller and sequencer for all kinds of midi controllable hard- and software
- iPad compatible with camera connection kit
- Control surface script for Live 8/9 is shipped with the controller (no manual mapping necessary)
- USB interface with bus powering - class compliant / no driver necessary (consumption < 500mW)
- MIDI in and out ports with routing and merge functionality
- 8 push encoders with detents (resolution about 30 pulses)
- 8 LED crowns to show current values of all encoders and push buttons
- 4-digit-display to show control values and programming data
- 14 bit high resolution encoder mode for sensitive parameters
- Data feedback for encoders avoid value jumps
- All controls (incl. push buttons) fully programmable in the device by channel, type, number etc.
- Different command types like control change (CC), pitch bend, program change and notes
- Advanced programming functions like copy, paste and channel set
- 8 groups for all controls
- About 128 commands per setup (16 controls x 8 groups)
- Integrated sequencer with 8 configurable tracks (7 different track types like note, repeat, CC, length/skip, accent/link etc.)
- 8 sequencer patterns with each 8 stages are linkable to max. 64 stages
- Remote function by a connected midi keyboard (transpose, direction, pattern select)
- 30 setups with backup/restore function contain controller and sequencer settings for groups and patterns
- Very compact design in a black casing with metal faceplate (laser engraving, 180x105x70 mm, 350 g)