The Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 is a DJ controller featuring four decks, a four channel mixer and a copy of Traktor Pro 2 software to create the ultimate combination of DJ hardware and software.
The Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 picks up from where the S2 left off, combining its simple hardware design with an additional two channels. Kontrol S4 has two jog wheels, both controlling two different decks, offering realistic characteristics and flexible control.
The Kontrol S4 works seamless with the included Traktor Pro 2 software. As a controller, the Kontrol S4 offers a hands on approach to using the Traktor software, allowing users to utilise all of Traktor Pro's great features while also concentrating on exhibiting their DJ skills.
Kontrol S4 features a high-quality audio interface with two stereo analogue inputs for external hardware, MIDI in and out, and both 1/4" jack and RCA outputs for sending the signal out to a mixing desk.
The unit's 4-channel mixer is equipped with a 3-band EQ and filter control, as well as conveniently placed Cue and FX buttons for each channel.
The included Traktor Pro 2 software features an extensive range of sounds and effects. There is a great selection of loops and samples included, as well as over 30 effects, such as delays, reverbs, flangers, and Traktor's BeatMasher and BeatSlicer effects.
The main features of the Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 include:
- 4 Channels
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz sample rates
- 16- and 24-bit resolution
- 1/4" jack and RCA line outputs
- MIDI in and out
- Stereo analogue inputs
- Includes Traktor Pro 2 software with over 30 effects and a collection of loops and samples
- Windows system requirements are Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit); 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2; 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended); USB 2.0, 1 GB free disc space, high-speed internet required
- Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.7 (latest update); Intel Core 2 Duo; 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended); USB 2.0; 1 GB free disc space; high-speed internet required