The Pioneer DDJ-SX2 is the newest instalment in the Pioneer digital DJ range and is the first controller on the market to provide Serato's newest feature, Serato Flip, with hands-on control. Serato Flip allows DJs to record sections of their sets on the fly and replay them mid-set!
The DDJ-SX2 builds on the success of its processor and features popular elements from the DDJ-SZ, like the multi-coloured LED-backlit performance pads and the on-jog digital cue point markers, plus a host of improvements to other areas like the jog wheel latency to aid scratch DJs.
The DDJ-SX provides easy access to Serato's four decks, as well as a Dual Deck control for selecting two decks on the same jog wheel at the same time for creating multi-track arrangements and scratching two tracks at the same time.
There are sixteen rubber pads for controlling Hot Cue, Roll and Slicer functions, as well as a Sampler, which takes advantage of the sensitive velocities in the pads.
Additionally, the DDJ-SX2 features a Loop editing section, as well as a twin FX section, equipped with effects from iZotope, with controls for Wet/Dry, FX Select, two FX parameter dials and a Tap button with Beats control.
The Pioneer DDJ-SX2 offers an in-depth mixer, with dedicated 3-band EQ, Filter, Trim controls for each deck, as well as quick access to Load, FX 1 & 2 and Cue buttons.
The DDJ-SX2 is built like a tank, thanks to a brushed aluminium casing. Its ergonomic design is well thought out, and its output capabilities make it suitable for any DJ set up thanks to the included XLR and RCA outputs, TRS jack Booth Monitor output and headphone outputs. There are also two microphone inputs as well as RCA inputs on each channel.
The DDJ-SX comes with the new Serato DJ software.
The DDj-SX2 main features include:
- Professional DJ controller
- Dedicated buttons for new Serato Flip functionilty
- Enhanced jog wheels with digital cue point markers and countdown
- Four decks, with Dual Deck feature for controlling two decks on the same jog wheel
- Sixteen multi-coloured LED backlit velocity-sensitive rubber pads with Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer and Sampler functions
- Loop editing section
- Twin FX section with controls for Wet/Dry, FX Parameter 1, FX Parameter 2 and Tap Tempo
- Mixer with 3-band EQ, Filter and Trim controls for each channel
- Master level control, Booth Level control, Headphones Level control
- 2 x headphone outputs
- Master output with XLR and RCA connections
- TRS Booth Monitor output
- RCA Inputs on each channel
- 2 x microphone inputs
- USB output for connecting to PC or Mac
- Rugged brush aluminium casing
- 664mm width x 70.4mm height x 357mm depth
- Weighs 5.8kg
- Serato DJ Windows system requirements are Windows 7; 32-bit 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo (2GB memory) or 64-bit 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo (4GB memory); 1,280 x 720 or higher display resolution
- Serato DJ Mac system requirements are Mac OSX 10.7.4/10.6.8; 32-bit 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo (1GB memory) or 64-bit 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo (4GB memory); 1,280 x 720 or higher display resolution