The Pioneer PLX-1000 is the newest chapter in the analogue turntable saga. The DJ world has been waiting with bated breath for a new turntable to fill the void left when Panasonic annouced they were discontinueing the Technics 1210, and Pioneer are here to end that wait.
The PLX-1000 builds on 50 years of turntable design and yet maintains the classic DJ layout. With a high-torue direct drive platter that goes from stationary to 33? in just 0.3 seconds, the PLX-1000 has all the record moving power it needs to out-perform the competition.
The S-shaped tone arm and solid club-grade build ensure stability and maximum vibration dampening, essential for stopping 1000 stomping feet from jumping the needles. With selectable tempo ranges up to ±50% and a tempo reset button, the PLX-1000 gives you ultimate control and advanced mixing capabilities.
Changing equipment around between sets can be difficult especially when dealing with fixed cables. Pioneer have solved this by including removeable power, ground and phono cables. The rubber-lined tone arm and gold-plated RCA jacks ensure high quality sound and professional performance time and time again.
The Pioneer PLX-1000 looks stunning in situ with its black brushed metal finish and neon blue lighting and we have no doubt this beauty will stand the test of time, even for the most die-hard of old school turntablists and DJs.
The Pioneer PLX-1000 main features include:
- Drive method Quartz lock servo type direct drive
- Motor 3-phase brushless DC motor
- Braking system Electronic brake
- Rotation speed 33? rpm, 45 rpm
- Rotation speed adjustment range ±8%, ±16%, ±50%
- Wow and flutter 0.1% or less WRMS (JIS WTD)
- S/N ratio 70 dB (DIN-B)
- Turntable Aluminium die-casting diameter: 332 mm
- Starting torque 4.5 kg/cm or more
- Start time 0.3 seconds (at 33? rpm)
- Arm type Universal type S-shape tone arm, gimbal-supported type bearing structure, static balance type
- Effective length 230 mm
- Overhang 15 mm
- Tracking error Within 3°
- Arm height adjustment range 6 mm
- Stylus pressure variable range 0 g to 4.0 g (1 scale 0.1 g)
- Proper cartridge weight 3.5 g to 13 g (single cartridge)
- When shell weight is used: 3.5 g to 6.5 g
- When only balance weight is used: 6.0 g to 10 g
- When sub weight is used: 9.5 g to 13 g
- Turntable, turntable sheet, slip mat, slip sheet, dust cover, head shell, balance weight, sub weight, head shell, shell weight, adapter for EP record, power cord, audio cable, ground wire, operating instructions