The Rane Serato SL4, Dicer & Vinyl exclusive DJ bundle is perfect for digital DJs who want a Serato Scratch setup at an affordable price. This digital Rane Serato DJ package includes the Novation Dicers for quick cuing, looping and mixing. A Free Serato Scratch Vinyl is included.
Rane SL 4 DJ Audio Interface for Serato Scratch Live is the latest addition to the SL series of Serato Scratch Interfaces. With 2 usb 2.0 ports for seamless DJ changeover and back-to-back DJ sets, as featured in the award winning Rane Sixty-Eight mixer.
Rane SL4 News and Reviews
Rane SL4 Overview
The Serato SL4 features 4 inputs (either phono or line level) an additional aux in for recording as well as an assignable output which can be set to either the Bridge or samples played via the SP-6 adding greater flexibility to the Scratch Live DVS platform.
The Scratch Live SL4 can also be used as a standalone USB soundcard using the Asio or Core Audio drivers supplied and features switchable 48/96khz sample rate.
The included 12" vinyl record has Serato’s exclusive and unique control signal.
This allows Scratch Live to track the motion of the record, simulating the same movement with digital audio.
Due to Serato’s proprietary control scheme, the result is a feel and sound indistinguishable from playing vinyl.
The main features of Rane SL4 includes:
- Supports four turntables or CD decks switchable in any combination
- Two high-speed USB 2.0 ports for two DJs for uninterrupted performances
- Aux Input for session recording or LiveFeed
- Aux Output assignable to the SP-6 Sample Player and The Bridge
- Four software-switchable analogue Thru connections for regular vinyl or CD
- 48 kHz and 96 kHz sample rate switch on the SL 4 rear
- 10-in 10-out USB sound card with any software supporting ASIO or Core Audio
- Bus power from either USB port or the included external power supply
Novation Dicer is a Cue Point & Looping controller for the digital DJ setups.
The Dicers makes looping, cuing and mixing fast and easy, so your mixes are always on time and sound great.
The main features of Novation Dicer include:
- Cue Point & Looping control for the digital DJ
- Performance buttons with visual feedback
- Backlit multi-colour soft-touch ‘dice’ buttons, ideal for performing Cue point and looping functions, provide constant visual feedback of their status.
- Locks straight onto the Technics SL 1200 series, and similar decks
- With Novation’s reusable ‘DJ putty’, the Dicers can slot into even the most cramped of DJ performance set-ups, sticking cleanly and directly onto your CDJs, Mixer or Laptop.
- Default set-up for Serato Scratch Live: Dicer is pre-programmed to take advantage of the cue point and looping functions in Serato Scratch Live, including ‘Hot Cues’, ‘Auto Roll’ and ‘Loop Roll’.
- Works with all major DJ software titles
- Fully MIDI assignable, can be set up to control almost any software, including Tractor Scratch Pro.
- Up to 60 assignable MIDI are available from a pair of Dicers.
- USB bus-powered: Dicer gets all the power it needs from a single USB cable, with no need for an external power supply.
- Mini Jack cable transmits power and data to the second Dicer.
- Ready-made setup files for other DJ software: Quick setup files for the major DJ software titles, including Traktor Scratch Pro, are available to download for free.
- A Fully class compliant MIDI device: Dicer is a plug and play device. No Drivers are required.
- Single Dicer dimensions: W & D = 90 mm / 3.5 “; H = 13 mm / 0.5“. Weight: 72 g / 0.16 lbs
- Package includes two Dicer units, 1 x USB Cable (1.5 metre, USB Type A to microUSB Type B), 1 x 60mm ‘DJ Putty’ with cover and bag, 1 x link mini jack cable (1.5 metre) for connecting the units plus instructions.