Expanding on the design of the RP-7000, the Reloop RP-8000 brings both solid turntable design and virtual DJ functionality together in one great looking unit.
The Reloop RP-8000 still has the same torque and start/brake speed controls as the previous model but now has an LCD readout for more precise adjustment. The pitch fader is higher resolution that its predecessor and the LCD screen also shows the pitch fader position in 0.02% increments.
The most significant addition to the RP-8000 is the MIDI control section down the left of the top panel. This includes eight trigger pads that can be used as hot cues, looping or sample triggers, Cue, Loop, Sample and
User buttons for function selection and a dial/button for browsing and selecting tracks from the library in your virtual DJ software. These controls open up a whole new array of options for DJs, including quicker beat juggling and library navigation capabilities. There is a USB connection to link the RP-8000 to your computer and also a USB link port to daisy chain up to four turntables together meaning only one needs to be connected to your computer.
The RP-8000 still has all the great features of its predecessor, such as start/brake adjustment between 0.2-6 seconds, torque adjustment between 1.6kg/cm to 4.5kg/cm, S-shaped tone are with height adjustment, 33, 45 and 78 RPM platter speeds, dual start/stop buttons for different turntable positioning, guarded mains power switch and vibration/shock protection.
Combining all the things we love about hands-on, solid design ‘analogue’ DJing with the wonders of modern digital DJ technology and the control that it provides, the Reloop RP-8000 is an incredible turntable that will no doubt stand the test of time.
The Reloop RP-8000 features include:
- Direct drive, quartz driven 12” platter
- Adjustable torque – 1.6kg/cm to 4.5kg/cm
- Adjustable start/brake speed – 0.2secs to 6secs
- S-shaped tone arm with height adjustment
- +/-8%, +/-16% and +/-50% pitch adjustment
- High resolution digital pitch fader
- Quartz lock button
- 33, 45, 78 RPM platter speeds
- LCD screen for torque, platter speed and start/brake speed readouts
- Removable/replaceable target light
- Guarded mains switch
- Reverse platter button
- Second start/stop button for ‘battle’ positioning
- Combined rotary/button for library navigation and track selection
- Eight trigger pads for hot cues, samples and looping
- Rubber inlay
- Shock proof feet
- Vibration resistant base
- Removable mains and RCA cables