FXpansion BFD2: an acoustic drum production environment for your computer with unprecedented power and flexibility.
FXpansion BFD2 gives you extreme realism and sound quality, fast and easy set up and total plug-in integration to your digital audio workstation.
Customized 10, 18 or 32 piece kits are at your fingertips, with full control over tuning, damping, ambience levels, velocity response and more. Layer parts of the kit for powerful hybrid sounds perfect for modern productions and flick through preset kit-piece profiles for quick access to dry, damped and other useful settings. BFD2 lets you configure your sounds like a real drum kit instead of pushing buttons on a sampler.You can even import your own stereo sample-sets with multiple velocity layers so you can mix and layer your own sounds with BFD2's for experimental kits and 'drum-replacement' production tricks.
The hyper-detailed 55GB library features sounds with multiple articulations recorded with up to 96 velocity layers to open up new worlds of rhythmic expression. BFD2 makes it possible to program or play convincing nuances and ghost notes, intricately varied and dynamic hihat parts, elaborate cymbal workouts and visceral kick and snare lines.
The refined tone and definition of the space at London's legendary AIR Lyndhurst studios is captured with two pairs of room mics, including a mid/side set. Meanwhile, the kit is mic'd with stereo overheads and mono close directs. All audio is routed through the magic of a custom Neve desk with Air Montserrat preamps into Prism A/D converters, sealing the foundations of a killer drum sound.
BFD2 is compatible with the entire BFD library, so if you've already bought FXpansion or third-party expansion packs you'll be able to use them in BFD2 and take advantage of all the new sound shaping features to get even more out of your investment.
BFD2's flexible, comprehensive mixing console lets you blend, route, submix and process the mic channels just like a real-world drum recording. Tweak bleed levels, play with ambient mic width, create aux sends and patch sidechain effects to shape your drums into infinite variations that sound convincing and powerful. The built-in processors include circuit-modelled dynamics, filters and distortion to deliver fat and floor-shaking sounds, while the flanger, bitcrusher, ring mod, delay and other effects allow subtle to extreme timbral variety.
BFD2's Groove engine provides the perfect environment for editing patterns, setting up performance modes and applying humanization effects for added realism. Although you can create and record your own Grooves, over 5000 stylistically diverse patterns are ready for you to slot straight into your productions or edit and combine with elements of each other to make new, customized parts. You can even lay out a sequence of Grooves to form a full drum track entirely within BFD2.
Further improvements in BFD2 include the new, intuitive keymapping editor, easier electronic drum setup, comprehensive management of kits and presets, a revamped internal engine, totally re-designed interface, and several ways of exporting multichannel audio directly from BFD2. For example, being able to quickly and effortlessly export individual Grooves as audio makes BFD2 the ultimate custom breakbeat factory.
FXpansion BFD2 main features include:
- Recorded with premium mics and a warm, refined signal path in a room with stunning clarity and definition of ambience
- Mid/Side room mic set for anything from true mono to incredible sounding expanded stereo room sounds
- Thunderous, punchy kicks featuring inside and outside mics
- Versatile snare mic mixing: two top mics and a bottom mic
- Incredibly detailed hihats featuring 11 articulations, snares include hits at the centre and halfway towards the edge
- Lush, complex cymbals with bell and edge hits
- 55GB of multi-channel, 24-bit 44.1 kHz audio
- User import of stereo multi-velocity layer samples
- Built-in studio-grade mixing, routing, EQ, dynamics and effects processing
- Diverse range of mix and kit presets tweaked for you by experienced engineers
- Route audio from 8 stereo and 16 mono outputs into VST, RTAS and AU hosts
- Advanced Groove authoring, editing and performance environment for realistic drum parts
- Over 5000 Grooves: a huge library of instant drum patterns covering many styles
- Synced Groove previews
- Comprehensive keymapping and automation support
- Easy setup for electronic drum trigger systems, including support for snare positional sensing
- Built-in multi-channel audio export
FXpansion BFD2 Minimum system requirements:
- Windows XP SP1 or higher, Vista 32, P4 or better CPU (Windows)
- OSX 10.4, G5 or Intel CPU (Mac)
- 1 GB of RAM
- 60 gig HD, 7200 rpm
- DVD drive
- Internet connection for product authorisation