The Jomox Alpha Base Analogue Drum Synthesizer is equipped with 11 instruments, a MIDI/USB/SD-card slot and 18 encoders. The Alpha Base features an entirely new design, concentrated with Jomox drum machines and synths from the last 20 years to make a great sounding and versatile drum machine.
At the centre is the analogue kick drum offering legendary punch and assertiveness with LFO, pitch envelope, metallic noise and gate time. The MBrane is also an analogue instrument that covers a huge spectrum of analogue snare drums, percussion, cow bells, claves, glasses, toms, bass drums and more, with two of its own LFOs, pitch envelopes and metallic noise.
The Hi-Hat makes use of a proven and improved HH filter, specialised for analogue hi-hats but can conjure noisy types from a sample mixed with metallic noise. The Clap, Rim, Crash, Ride channels each have a resonateable two-pole multimode filter that can be switched between LP, HP and BP. The filter cutoff can be modulated by an ADSR envelope and an LFO per instrument.
A digital mini FM synth with four operators and maximum six voices can create weird and crazy percussion sounds up to simple chords. Two digital effects are onboard in the form of delay and reverb that act as send/return effects. Each of the analogue instrument outputs has their own A/D converter.
For the editing of parameters 16 encoders are arranged in a 4x4 matrix whilst the sequencer is made up as a 16-step running led sequencer with 11 tracks. Each track and step can sequence the instrument's pitch and one extra parameter. The Alpha Base has MIDI I/O/Thru and USB so you can seamlessly integrate this drum machine into a DAW.
The main features of the Jomox Alpha Base Analogue Drum Synthesizer include:
- Instruments: Kick Drum, MBrane, Cl HiHat, Op HiHat, Clap, Rim Shot, Crash, Ride, X Sample 1, X Sample 2, FM Synth.
- 2x Sample-Based Instruments with Analogue VCA ADSR Envelope &/or HH Filter
- 4x Sample-Based Instruments with Analogue VCA ADSR Envelope &/or Resonating Multimode Filter (LP, HP, BP) with ADSR Envelope
- 2x Sample-Based Instruments with External Sampling Input & Pure Digital Playback
- 1x FM Synth with 4x Operators & Max. 6x Voices for Percussive Sounds
- Effects: Delay, Reverb with Send Per Instrument, Insertable into Analogue Signal Path on CH, OH, Clp, Rim, Ride
- LFOs: 1x LFO Per Instrument with 64x Wave Forms
- Samples: 250x 16-Bit/48kHz (Internal Flash Memory)
- SD Card Slot
- USB (MIDI I/O/Thru Device)
- DIN Sync Out 2x Integrated in MIDI Out or MIDI Thru Jacks
- Inputs: 2x Hi-Z Stereo (Line Level: +20dBu)
- Outputs: 8x Individual Balanced Outputs, Stereo Mix Balanced, Headphones
- Output Level: Max. ca.+14dBu Unbalanced, +20dBu Balanced on all Outputs
- Encoders: 18
- Analogue Potentiometers: Input Volume, Phones Volume, Mix Volume
- Display: 2x24 Character LCD
- External Power Supply: 12V 2A DC
- Case: Stable Metal
- Sides: Wood
- Feet: Rubber
- Size: 410 x 240 x 80mm
- Weight: 3.3kg