Native Instruments Maschine MK2 is the sequel to the combined hardware/software sequencer and sampler that has been acclaimed by top artists,
producers and arrangers across the world. It allows you to harness the power of your computer while still benefitting from the natural work flow that a hardware groovebox brings.
Maschine MK2 acts as several things at once sequencer, sampler, effects generator and plug-in host. Offering you the ability to manipulate sounds and sequences both on screen and via the touch-sensitive pads, which in the new version are now freely assignable to different colours for easy recognition. Calling up and hitting the right sounds can be done at a glance whether in the studio or on stage.
There are a total of 47 buttons alongside eight control knobs and a push encoder,? more than enough to access multiple samples, parameters and effects. The Maschine MK2 has been built with both studio and live performance in mind, and are suitably rugged to the touch whilst remaining sensitive. These controls will now automatically map to any plug-ins you’re using within the software as well as offering DAW control. Speaking of attention to live detail, even the faceplate of the hardware is now removable, allowing you to snap on magnetic custom kits to change the units colour.
Enter competition to win a Maschine MKII - Download Customise Your Faceplate Competition Template
Studio quality effects are also included with Maschine MK2, with transient master and tape saturators included. Comprehensive pitch shifting and time stretching tools are available for sample manipulation, which can be used on the extensive 6GB sound library. The entire setup connects by MIDI, and can therefore also be used to trigger other MIDI hardware for the producer or performer who is keen to make sequencing an art form within their live sets and studio creations.
Main Features of Maschine 2
- Hardware and Software Integration
- Multi-Colour touch sensitive pads
- Professional sampler with pattern based sequencer
- Simple parameter mapping for plug in and DAW control
- Works as standalone unit or integrates seamlessly into a DAW studio set up
- Comes with 6GB of sounds
- Studio quality effects with 170 presets
- Vintage drum machine emulation 16 velocity levels, swing, pad-link, note repeat, step sequencer, MPC 60/SP 1200
- Removable custom faceplates
- Time-stretch and pitch shifting
- High contrast display
- Includes the full version of Massive synth