This bundle features Rob Papen Virtual Instrument and the Korg nanoPAD2 Slim-Line USB Pad Controller, Black.
Rob Papen Punch combines sampled and synthesized drums in a high quality percussive instrument.
Click below for Rob Papen Punch Virtual Drums News and Reviews
- Rob Papen Announces Punch
- Rob Papen Punch Review
Rob Papen Punch Overview
With Punch, Rob Papen delivers a brand new speaker busting, body rattling software instrument. Punch delivers synthesized drums in the finest audio quality and with breathtaking features for the contemporary producer.
You can can use synthesis to build your own unique sounding drum-kit, but also your own samples can be loaded into Punch to complete your kit. Your sounds can then be crafted using the stunning features, filters and huge synth power we all know from other RP synthesizers.
Punch has a unique sound but also a built in sequencer, allowing you the user to have multiple patterns at your finger tips. These grooves can be triggered in a live environment to build a song, but are also great for just improvisation and jamming!
Punch has it’s own internal sequencer which can play 8 different patterns of up to 16 steps long (4 Grooves & 4 Break patterns), these having a swing and humanization controls. Each pattern is composed of 4 tracks, each track having it’s own drum output.
Rob Papen Punch features include:
- 2 Bass Drum with 4 different models and 18 built in samples
- 2 Snare Drum with 2 models and 33 built in samples
- 2 Open Hihat and 2 Closed Hihat, with 3 models and 12 built in samples
- 3 Toms with 2 models and 8 built in samples
- 2 Claps with 3 models, and 13 built in samples
- 3 User Drum , with 5 models and 37 samples
- 8 Dual Sample slot, each with there own amp / pitch envelopes & filter and filter envelope
- Each drum has it’s own ‘easy controls’, distortion (20 different models) , output destination (to dry or any of the 4 fx / output channels), and choke groups.
- Each drum can be preview and selected by clicking in the Drum Preview Pad.
Korg nanoPAD2 Slim-Line USB Pad Controller, Black: ultra-compact and low-profile USB-MIDI controllers will fit perfectly in front of your laptop computer or desktop keyboard, offering impressive control while conserving valuable set-up space.
Featuring 16 responsive pads and an X-Y touchpad, the Korg nanoPAD2 provides four banks of pad assignments, providing a total of 64 pad assignments. The X-Y pad can be used to control multiple synthesizer parameters. In addition, the new "Touch Scale” function lets you intuitively play phrases on the X-Y touchpad, just as on the Kaossilator.
You can choose from sixteen different scales, and specify the root key and note range to ensure that your performance stays within your song. The "Gate Arp” function, borrowed from the Kaossilator Pro, transmits note data based on tempo; Tap tempo and tempo sync are supported. Combined with the Touch Scale, the Gate Arp allows you to play tempo-synchronized phrases and rhythms simply by stroking the X-Y pad or playing the pads.
The nanoPAD2 works with the "Korg Kontrol Editor" software – available free on the Korg website. Load it into your computer, and use it to make detailed customized settings. Choose from a total of four velocity settings: three velocity curves or fixed velocity. You can also specify note numbers, create user scales for the Touch Scale function, assign chords, assign control change messages, and save your settings.
Korg nanoPAD2 main features include:
- 16 trigger pads with velocity and 4 velocity curves
- X-Y pad
- HOLD button, GATE ARP button, TOUCH SCALE button, KEY/RANGE button, SCALE/ARP button, SCENE button
- Memory: 4 user scene memories
- Size (W x D x H): 12.80 x 3.27 x 0.63 inches
- Weight: 0.63 lbs.