The Rob Papen Punch combines sampled and synthesized drums in a high quality percussive instrument.
Click below for Rob Papen Punch Virtual Drums News and Reviews
- Rob Papen Announces Punch
- Rob Papen Punch Review
Rob Papen Punch Overview
With Punch, Rob Papen delivers a brand new speaker busting, body rattling software instrument. Punch delivers synthesized drums in the finest audio quality and with breathtaking features for the contemporary producer.
You can can use synthesis to build your own unique sounding drum-kit, but also your own samples can be loaded into Punch to complete your kit. Your sounds can then be crafted using the stunning features, filters and huge synth power we all know from other RP synthesizers.
Punch has a unique sound but also a built in sequencer, allowing you the user to have multiple patterns at your finger tips. These grooves can be triggered in a live environment to build a song, but are also great for just improvisation and jamming!
Punch has it’s own internal sequencer which can play 8 different patterns of up to 16 steps long (4 Grooves & 4 Break patterns), these having a swing and humanization controls. Each pattern is composed of 4 tracks, each track having it’s own drum output.
The main features of the Rob Papen Punch include:
- 2 Bass Drum with 4 different models and 18 built in samples
- 2 Snare Drum with 2 models and 33 built in samples
- 2 Open Hihat and 2 Closed Hihat, with 3 models and 12 built in samples
- 3 Toms with 2 models and 8 built in samples
- 2 Claps with 3 models, and 13 built in samples
- 3 User Drum , with 5 models and 37 samples
- 8 Dual Sample slot, each with there own amp / pitch envelopes & filter and filter envelope
- Each drum has it’s own ‘easy controls’, distortion (20 different models) , output destination (to dry or any of the 4 fx / output channels), and choke groups.
- Each drum can be preview and selected by clicking in the Drum Preview Pad.