Roots: Brushes, Rods & Mallets SDX Expansion Pack from Toontrack gives you authentic, real sounding acoustic and jazz drums with unorthodox miking techniques, flavours and drums sounds. The Toontrack Roots drum library is so versatile, Roots SDX can be used for any genre of music. Get ready to add some Roots to your Superior Drummer.
Roots Toontrack library was recorded in Studio A at Blackbird Studios Nashville Tennessee, made famous by John and Martina McBride.
Overlooking the recording session was Chris Grainger, Nashville-based record producer, engineer, mixer and songwriter. Space was organised in Studio A for maximum usage of microphones, ambient mics. A variety of microphone have been used during recording from vintage high-end to modern high-end. AKG C12 microphones were used on all the Toms. A traditional Pearl Jazz kit was chosen and tuned by Pearl themselves to match the acoustics of the room.
Also different drums and cymbals were used (Pearl, Gretsch, Ludwig, Zildjian, Paiste), as well as a marching snare which was recently purchased from renowned drummer/percussionist Matt Chamberlain.
Toontrack along with Chris Grainger really wanted to capture to realness of the drummer as well as the drums. Therefore Chris decided to have microphones next to the drummer's ears facing out. This captured amazing detail from the cymbals and ambience of the kit. You will get an exact representation of the drummer, just as he was in the room. Patience and dedication has been put in to achieve perfection and correct sounding drums. New sounds have been made through innovative sessions so you can have the real feel of the Roots.
Blackbird Studio's stock consists of 1400 Microphones, 35 channels of Pultec EQ, 24 channels of Fairchild compression and hundreds of outboard mic/pre channels including Telefunken, Neve, API, RCA and Chandler. This studio not only is the natural choice for the who's who of the music industry but that it is known to lend a documented bit of magic to every project to ever enter and exit its doors.
Toontrack Roots main features include:
- Recorded by Roy "Futureman" Wooten in Blackbird Studio Nashville, TN
- Approximately 36 GB of raw, unprocessed sounds
- A total of 23 separately recorded, tweakable channels available in the mixer
- Custom MIDI included
- Large selection of different drums and cymbals (Pearl, Gretsch, Ludwig, Zildjian, Paiste)
- PC System Requirements: 2 GHz Pentium 4 or Athlon with 1.5 GB RAM (multi-core CPU with 2 GB or more recommended), 36 GB free hard disc space (9 GB for basic install), DVD drive, a working Superior Drummer® 2.3 installation
- MAC System Requirements: 2 GHz G5 with 1.5 GB RAM (multi-core CPU with 2 GB or more recommended), 36 GB free hard disc space (9 GB for basic install), DVD drive, a working Superior Drummer® 2.3 installation