The Yamaha DTX-Multi 12 is a powerful, all-in-one percussion pad that suits anyone from a beginner to an expert, accommodating different levels of playing and a wide variety of playing styles and performance situations.
Yamaha's DTX-MULTI 12 is an extremely versatile percussion pad with a variety of applications. The Multi-12 includes 12 touch sensitive pads and also provides 5 external trigger inputs, allowing for the connection of a bass drum trigger, hi-hat trigger and snare triggers to transform the pad into a portable drum kit. The addition of USB connectivity allows for the intergration of the Multi-12 with computer based production.
The DTX-Multi-12 features 128 phrase patters covering a wide range of musical styles and boasts a broad spectrum of voices including synthesis taken directly from the world renowned, flagship MOTIF series synthesizers.
The Yamaha DTX-MULTI 12 includes not only digitally synthesised effects and sounds but also a rich variety of sounds from the world of percussion, chromatic percussion, folk, and acoustic drum instrument that have been collected through Yamaha's advanced sampling techniques. The DTX-Multi 12 offers a grand total of 1,277 voices.
If 1,277 voices are just not enough for you, the Multi 12 functions as a sample playback device also with 64MB of battery backed Flash ROM. The DTX-Multi 12 enables users to import WAV and AIFF audio files from a USB memory device and use them as voices.
Together with great-sounding reverb and chorus effects that can be applied to entire drum kits, the DTX-MULTI 12 also features a Variation effect unit that can be used to enhance individual voices in many exciting ways.
The DTX-MULTI 12 provides a number of playing modes and features that enable performers to directly express their art and talent in their own way. Up to four different voices can be assigned to each pad and the pad can be played with sticks, by hand or even with fingers.
The Yamaha DTX-MULTI-12 is ideal as a stand-alone percussion pad or as a powerful addition to any acoustic or electronic drum set up.
Yamaha DTX-MULTI 12 main features include:
- 12 Built-in touch sensitive pads
- 5 External inputs (three-zone x 1; monaural x 4)
- Maximum polyphony 64 notes
- Wave memory 100 MB (16-bit linear conversion)
- Total of 1,277 voices
- USB Connectivity + Cubase AI intergration
- Drum kits Preset: 50
- User-defined: 200
- Effects Variation x 42 types; Chorus x 6 types; Reverb x 6 types: 5-band master equalizer
- Pad functions: Increment or decrement of drum kit, pattern, or tempo; tap tempo; switching on or off of click-track; transmission of control change messages
- Bit depth 16 bit
- Wave memory 64 MB
- Maximum size Mono sample: 2 MB
- Stereo sample: 4 MB
- Sample formats Proprietary, WAV, and AIFF
- Sequence capacity 152,000 notes
- Display Backlit LCD with 2 rows of 16 characters
- Dimensions: Width 345mm, Height 96mm, Depth 319mm, Width 345mm
- Weight 3.3kg