This is a remarkable product at an incredibly good price (from this supplier, especially!)
I've only had the unit a few days, my first impressions are very good. I'm comparing with a Zoom multi effect pedal and sounds in r16 and Boss BR-600 recorders. I find several big advantages for the v-amp
1. The preset sounds - better out of the box than the others - less digital sounding
2. Easy to tweak the presets -editing the sounds is a major pain in other units by comparison with this device and there are so many knobs to twiddle!
3. Arranging the sounds for easy access - this is really straightforward with this v-amp
4. MIDI control - I haven't tried this function yet but will be a real bonus for me
5. The routing options - two outputs and a range of options for routing, stereo obviously but also options for clean and effected or even pre-amp and pre-amp+effect separation. This is going to be really useful for recording and live!
I already love - bass through a leslie, the flanger, some of the v-amp flavours, the ease of editing, the whole package with case, etc.
Cons - The manual could be better but my one real worry, the mains adaptor plug with those delicate pins - I think I better get a spare in!
FYI - I play a Warwick Streamer LX4 (German) usually just with a compressor into a valve pre-amp but wanted to try some more options and at this price, how could I resist!?