The Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty, Ebony is a 6-string electric guitar based on the 1957 Gibson Les Paul Custom.
The Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty III features a mahogany body with a mahogany top. Its glued-in, set mahogany neck has a slim, 'D' shape, and the rosewood fingerboard is easily playable.
The Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty has three Alnico Classic humbucker pickups, creating a loud, warm tone, complimenting the dark tone created by the mahogany neck and body.
Taking influence from the original Gibson Les Paul Custom, the Black Beauty's black finish was designed to match players wearing tuxedos, and its gold hardware was included to provide a sense of class and sophistication.
The main features of the Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty include:
- Mahogany body with mahogany top
- Mahogany glued-in set neck
- 22-fret rosewood fretboard with block pealoid inlays
- 24.75 inch scale length
- 1.68 inch nut width
- Cream binding on body, fingerboard, and headstock
- 3 Alnico Classic humbucker pickups
- Volume and tone controls for each pickup with a 3-way pickup selector switch
- Locktone Tune-O-Matic stopbar bridge
- Grover 16:1 ratio tuners
- Gold hardware
- Ebony black finish