The Fender 59 BASSMAN LTD Valve Electric Guitar Amplifier Combo,45 Watts, 4X10, Lacquered Tweed. Classic looks and sounds from this legendary, versatile, all tube, Vintage Reissue combo, loved by bassists and guitarists.
The Fender 59 Bassman Ltd Vintage Reissue bass combo is a part of bass amplification history. The ’50s Fender Bassman was the pro bassist’s answer to amplifying a great new invention: the Fender Precision Bass guitar. This powerful 50-watt rig could easily compete with the common instrumentation of the day: horns, piano, four-piece drum kit with calfskin heads, and maybe even an electric guitar through a nice, new 10-watt amp! By the ’60s and ’70s, the original all-tube “Tweed” 4x10 Bassman was popular with rock, country and blues guitarists as a reliably great-sounding and easy-to-use guitar amp. Even some emerging British amp designers of the day copied its circuitry for use in their most celebrated designs. In the 1990s, Fender released an affordable reissue of the now-collectible ’59 Bassman amplifier to massive acclaim. Many guitarists, tired of experimenting with preamps, equalizers, and effects racks, rediscovered the simple pleasure of plugging into a Fender tube amp. The Bassman’s wide stage coverage, touch-sensitive dynamics and full-frequency “swirl” make it the perfect vehicle for building a great tone with almost any guitar or effect. The reissue Bassman continues to be a staple of the Fender guitar amp line to this day.
The main features of the Fender 59 BASSMAN LTD include:
- Classic looks and sounds from this legendary, versatile, all tube, Vintage Reissue combo, loved by bassists and guitarists
- Output: 45 watts into 2 ohms
- 2 ohm operation
- Speakers: 4-10 inch Jensen P-10R, 8 ohm Speakers with AlNiCo Magnets, p/n 0055613000
- Channels: Dual Channels (Normal and Bright)
- Features: Chrome Control Panel, Solid Finger-Jointed Pine Cabinet, New US Made GT-6L6-GE Output Tubes, Improved 12AX7 Preamp Tubes, Original Spec 5AR4 Rectifier Tube, Internal Bias Pot (Makes it Easier to Experiment with Various Output Tubes), Fitted Cover is Included,
Controls That Go to 12, 4 Inputs (2 per Channel), Standby Switch
- Controls: Presence, Middle, Bass, Treble, Volume (Bright Channel), Volume (Normal Channel)
- Covering: Genuine Lacquered Tweed with Striped Oxblood Grille Cloth
- Weight: 53 lbs. (24 kg)
- Dimensions: Height: 22.37 inches (56.81 cm), Width: 23.5 inches (59.69 cm), Depth: 10.5 inches (26.67 cm)
- Tube Complement: 3 X 12AX7, 2 X GT 6L6, 1 X 5AR4 Rectifier Tube
- Fender cover included with this product