The Fender ’68 Custom Deluxe Reverb is a recreation of a Fender classic, combining vintage sounds and appointments with modern reliability and a circuitry.
The Fender ’68 Custom Deluxe Reverb offers the same great tone as the original release, with two channels – Custom and Vintage – with the original input structure seeing both channels have two inputs each. The Vintage channel offers the traditional ‘silverface’ Custom Reverb tone while the Custom channel provides a Bassman tone stack with reduced negative feedback for extra sensitivity at high volumes.
Each channel boasts controls for Volume, Bass and Treble, while there are also universal controls for the shared Reverb and Tremolo effects, the latter having knobs for Speed and Intensity. Under the hood, the ’68 Custom Reverb is furnished with Groove Tubes valves consisting of four 12AX7 and two 12AT7 valves in the preamp and two 6V6 tubes in the power amp section.
The amp is fitted with a 12” Celestion G12V-70 speaker and the chassis has the same ‘silverface’-style front panel with a black textured vinyl covering and a silver-turquoise grille cloth as the original model. The ’68 Custom Deluxe Reverb comes with a two-button footswitch and a fitted cover.
The main features of the Fender ’68 Custom Deluxe Reverb include:
- Reissue of the classic Custom Deluxe Reverb amp from 1968
- 22 watt output at 8 ohms
- Two channels – Vintage and Custom
- Each channel has two inputs and controls for Volume, Bass and Treble
- Shared controls for universal Reverb and Tremolo effects – Reverb, Tremolo Speed and Tremolo Intensity
- 1 x 12” Celestion G12V-70 speaker
- Silverface design front panel with a black textured vinyl covering and a silver-turquoise grille cloth
- Groove Tubes valves consisting of four 12AX7 and two 12 AT7 valves in the preamp and two 6V6 tubes in the power amp section
- Includes two-button footswitch and fitted cover
- Dimensions are 24.13cm depth x 62.2cm width x 44.5cm height
- Weighs 19.05kg