The Fender EC Vibro-Champ is a 5-watt all-valve guitar amplifier combo from the EC range, the result of Fender's collaboration with Blues icon Eric Clapton.
The Fender EC Vibro-Champ is a handwired single channel amplifier based on the '57 Tweed Champ combo that Eric used to record his classic album '461 Ocean Boulevard'. It features both high and low inputs, as well as a simple volume control and speed control for the built-in tremolo.
There is also a switch for attenuating the output volume down from the maximum 5-watts, enabling the volume of the amp to be cranked and the tubes driven hard at an ear- and neighbour-friendly volume.
The Fender EC Vibro-Champ provides fantastic tones that achieve Clapton's classic thick and creamy sound. By increasing the volume, the EC Vibro-Champ offers breakup into Eric's classic overdriven lead tone with added fizz and sustain. Using the volume control together with the output attenuator can provide a variety of tonal options, and engaging the tremolo effect adds warmth to the amp's tone.
Eric Clapton uses an Active Mid Boost on his signature Fender Stratocaster guitar to add up to 25dB to his guitar's signal and drive his amps harder for solos. It's a rare feature on electric guitars, so for everyone else, a clean boost pedal would do the job.
The Fender EC Vibro-Champ is a must have for Clapton fanatics, but an incredible blues amp in its own right, as well as an ideal choice for recording thanks to its power attenuator.
The main features of the Fender EC Vibro-Champ include:
- Eric Clapton Signature Vibro-Champ, based on a '57 Tweed Champ combo
- Inputs for high and low impedance instruments
- 1 x Volume control, 1 x Tremolo Speed control
- High/Low Attenuator Switch to choose between High and Low output
- 5-Watts Maximum Power Output
- 8" Weber Signature speaker with Alnico magnet
- Disconnectable internal speaker, allowing use with an external 4 ohm speaker cabinet
- 2 x 12AX7 preamp valves, 1 x Groove Tubes 6V6GT output valve, 1 x 5Y3GT rectifier tube
- Footswitch jack socket for optional footswitch to turn on/off tremolo
- Finder-joined solid pine cabinet
- Lacquered tweed covering with vintage brown and gold grille cloth and leather strap handle
- Includes deluxe fitted cover
- Hand made in Corona, California, USA