The Fender Mustang IV V2 Guitar Amp Combo combines classic Fender amp manufacturing with modern modelling technology to create an amp that’s built for the future while acknowledging Fender’s glorious past.
The Fender Mustang IV V2 models the sound of some of Fender’s most iconic amps, as well as some other essential amp sounds and effects, all housed in a well-built combo amp with two 12-inch Celestion G12P-80 speakers.
The Mustang IV V2’s Fender amp models include Twin Reverb, Deluxe Reverb, Bassman and Supersonic, while there are also models for British and high-gain amps. Version two of this amp sees the inclusion of Fender ’57 Twin and ‘60s Thrift amp models, as well as a greater selection of effects that includes everything from modulations and delays to overdrives, fuzzes and pitch shifting.
The amp’s control panel has controls for Channel Gain, Channel Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Reverb and Master Volume. There’s an LCD display with navigation controls for selecting amp models and effects. The panel also boasts aux in and headphones out connections, as well as a USB socket for plugging the amp into a PC or Mac for deeper customisation of sounds and USB recording.
The rear of the amp offers a stereo effects loop with dedicated Left and Right connections, while there are also stereo XLR outputs complete with ground lift for direct recording. The Mustang IV V2 is compatible with the Mustang two and four button footswitches, for which there are separate inputs for on the amp.
The Mustang IV V2 has an open-back design, and the two 12-inch speakers provide a stereo output of 150 watts. The amp also boasts an on-board chromatic tuner and a classic Fender black chassis with silver grille cloth.
The main features of the Fender Mustang IV V2 include:
- A 150-watt, solid-state modelling guitar amp combo
- 17 amp models ranging from classic Fender models to British and high-gain models
- A selection of effects including Chorus, Tremolo, Reverb, Delay, Overdrive, Distortion and Pitch Shifting
- Controls for Gain, Channel Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Reverb and Master Volume
- LCD display with navigation controls for selecting amp models and effects
- Built-in chromatic tuner and tap tempo function
- Inputs for optional two- and four-button footswitches
- 3.5mm Aux input and 3.5mm Headphones output
- Two XLR outputs with Ground Lift button
- Stereo effects loop with Send and Return connections
- Dimensions are 546mm height x 673.1mm width x 273mm depth
- Weighs 21.3kg