The Gibson 1958 Les Paul Plain Top, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Aged is a 6-string electric guitar, and a special run of Gibson Custom Shop 1958 Plain Top aged finishes.
The Gibson 1958 Les Paul Plain Top accurately recreates the original 1958 model, right down to its solid, non-weight relieved Mahogany body and Holly headstock with tulip tuners mounted in a straight line. This special edition features an Aged Heritage Cherry Sunburst finish, providing subtle wear and tear details to make the 1958 Les Paul Plain Top look as old as its original.
This desirable 1958 Les Paul features a Maple top, which uses two pieces of wood 'bookmatched' and glued together at the centre seam, just like the original specification of the 1958 Les Paul. The 24 3/4 inch scale length neck is made from a single solid piece of Mahogany, and attached to the body using a long neck tenon. The neck is topped by a rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets, decorated with acrylic trapeziod inlays, matching the original model.
The 1958 Les Paul PT is equipped with two classic Gibson Burstbucker pickups, featuring Alnico II magnets and 'unmatched' bobbin windings, creating vintage Les Paul humbucker tones.
The main features of the Gibson 1958 Les Paul Plain Top, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Aged include:
- Carved plain maple top
- Solid, non-weight relieved mahogany back
- Single-ply cream binding on top
- ABR-1 bridge, lightweight aluminum
- 1-piece Mahogany neck with long tenon
- 22-fret rosewood fingerboard
- Holly headstock veneer
- Early '50s rounded neck profile
- Acrylic trapezoid inlays (accurate shape and colour)
- Nickel hardware
- Burstbucker 1(R) and 2(T) pickups
- Bumblebee caps
- CTS pots
- Vintage tulip tuners
- 24-3/4" scale
- 1-11/16" nut width
- Aged Heritage Cherry Sunburst Finish
- 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way selector switch
- Vintage Reissue 0.10 gauge strings
- Gibson hardcase included