The Gibson ES-339 Traditional Pro Semi-Acoustic Guitar, Cherry has been handcrafted in the USA and built using very similar design specifications as a standard Gibson ES-339. However, there are some distinct differences that set the Gibson ES-339 Traditional Pro apart from its original model.
The Gibson ES-339 Traditional Pro features a thin line, hollow maple body with a maple centre block, topped by a figured maple top without the familiar ‘F’ holes found in most other Gibson ES models. This helps to give the guitar its beautifully unique tone that aims to bridge the gap between semi-acoustic tones and Gibson’s solid body models like the Les Paul and SG. The 30/60 slender ‘59 neck profile has been constructed using mahogany, topped with a rosewood fingerboard and layered with 22 medium jumbo-sized frets.
As for the electronics, The ES-339 Traditional has one Gibson ’57 Classic Humbucker pickup in the neck position and one Gibson ‘57 Super Humbucker pickup in the bridge position. This pickup combination presents the guitar with a huge array of impressive vintage tones. The coil-split function can be applied by the simple push/pull feature on the guitar’s two volume dials, and converts the two Humbuckers into single-coil pickups for a huge variety of tones for rock, blues, jazz and more. The two tone dials and three-way pickup switch allow the player to dial in their ideal tone, while the ES-339 even boasts a 10dB boost on one of the Tone controls which is perfect for solos when you are in need of a little something extra to boost your volume.
The Gibson ES-339 Traditional Pro is also equipped with a Tune-O-Matic ABR bridge, Stop-Bar tailpiece and Vintage-Style locking machine heads which help to promote stable tuning. The Guitar has been constructed using nickel hardware and is finished in Cherry. An official Gibson hard case and certificate are included with the guitar.
The Gibson ES-339 Traditional Pro Semi-Acoustic Guitar, Cherry features include:
- Thin line maple body (hollow body with maple centred block) with a figured maple top
- Mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard
- 30/60 slender ’59 neck profile
- 22 medium jumbo-sized frets with block inlays
- 1 x Gibson ’57 Classic Humbucker
- 1 x Gibson ’57 Super Humbucker
- 2 x Volume pots with optional coil tap, 2 x Tone Pots with 3-way toggle switch
- 10dB boost function
- Tune-O-Matic ABR bridge
- Vintage-Style locking machine heads
- Stop-Bar tailpiece
- Scale length 24.75” (628mm)
- Nut width 1.682” (43mm)
- Last fret width 2.06” (52.38mm)
- Fingerboard radius 12” (304mm)
- Cherry finish
- Official Gibson hard case and certificate included