The Gibson Les Paul Standard 2014 Electric Guitar, Ocean Water is the brand new 2014 version of Gibson’s most famous model, setting the standard for the Les Paul in 2014.
The Gibson Les Paul Standard 2014 features a mahogany body with Modern weight relief, meaning there are 12 areas of the body that have been routed out to reduce its weight and add resonance. The body is topped by a ’AAA’ Figured maple cap, balancing the tone brilliantly. The guitar’s neck is made of mahogany and cut to an asymmetrical ’60s SlimTaper profile. It’s topped by a rosewood fingerboard, decorated by Gibson’s trademark Trapezoid inlays and a special 120th anniversary banner inlay at the 12th fret, to celebrate 120 years of the Gibson brand.
The Les Paul Standard 2014 is fitted with BurstBucker 1 and BurstBucker 2 humbucker pickups, controlled using dedicated Volume and Tone knobs. There are push/pull coil taps, phase changing and pure bypass switches on the control knobs which provide a great deal of tonal variation.
As with all 2014 models, the LP Standard has a black Graph Tech nut and new Max Grip speed knobs. The guitar is fitted with the Min-Etune mechanical tuning system and comes with a Vintage Brown Hardshell case.
The main features of the Gibson Les Paul Signature include:
- Mahogany back with a ‘AAA’ Figured maple top in a Modern Weight Relief body
- Maple neck cut with an asymmetrical ‘60s SlimTaper neck profile
- Compound radius, rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets, undercut fret over white binding, Trapezoid fret inlays and a 120th anniversary banner inlay at the 12th fret
- BurstBucker 1, BurstBucker 2 humbucker pickups
- 2 x Volume controls, 2 x Master Tone controls, three-way pickup selector switch, push/pull coil taps to split the pickups to single-coils, Bridge Pickup Phase Inversion switch, Pure Bypass switch
- New gold Max-Grip speed knobs
- Chrome Tune-O-Matic bridge
- Black Graph Tech nut
- Min-Etune tuners
- Chrome hardware
- Ocean Water finish
- Includes Gibson Vintage Brown hardshell case