The Korg GA-40 Digital Guitar And Bass Tuner is a dedicated, easy-to-operate guitar/bass tuner with automatic pitch detection.
In Guitar mode the Korg GA40 Digital Guitar And Bass Tuner supports seven-string guitars (7B through 1E), and in Bass mode it supports six-string basses (Low-B and Hi-C). With the precision you expect from KORG, the GA-40 indicates the pitch quickly and accurately.
The LCD needle-style display provides both the accuracy of an LCD as well as the easy viewing of a needle indicator, and the display has been enlarged for even better visibility. You can also use the built-in high-sensitivity microphone to tune an acoustic guitar.
In addition to letting you tune visually using the meter, the GA-40 provides a Sound Out function that plays a reference tone through the internal speaker, letting you tune by ear. Each time you press the Sound switch, the tone will cycle through 7B 6E 5A 4D 3G 2B 1E in Guitar mode, or through LB 4E 3A 2D 1G HC in Bass mode.
The GA-40 gives you convenient guitar and bass tuning functionality in a pocket-sized package, making it easy to tune whether you're on stage or in the studio. An output jack (bypass) has been added, making it easy to check the tuning even while you're performing. The stand on the back lets you place the tuner on any surface.
The Korg GA-40 Digital Guitar And Bass Tuner Main Features Include:
- A compact tuner designed specifically for guitar and bass, with excellent performance and convenient functionality.
- Large, high-precision meter-type display for stable tuning indication.
- Quinta-Flat Tuning mode allows dropped tunings from one to five semitones.
- Supports tuning of seven-string guitars and six-string basses.
- Sound Out function lets you produce a reference tone from the internal speaker.
- Bypass function.
- Auto Power Off function saves the battery even if you forget to turn off the tuner.
- Memory Backup function.
- Approximately 85 hours of continuous use.
- Scale: 12-note equal temperament
- Detection Range Guitar: B1 bbbbb (46.249 Hz) – B6 (1975.54 Hz)
- Detection Range Bass: B0 bbbbb (23.12 Hz) – B5 (987.77 Hz)
- Reference Tone Guitar: 7B, 6E, 5A, 4D, 3G, 2B, 1E
- Reference Tone Bass: Low B, 4E 3A, 2D, 1G, High C
- Tuning Modes: Meter mode (AUTO), Sound Out mode (MANUAL)
- Flat Tuning: Semitone steps: 1 semitone (b) to 5 semitones (bbbbb)
- Detection Accuracy: +/- 1 cents or better
- Connectors: INPUT jack (1/4” monaural phone jack)
- Speaker: Dynamic speaker (28 mm diameter)
- Power Supply: Two AAA batteries (3V)
- Dimensions: 3.94”(W) x 2.64” (D) x 0.67” (H)/ 100 (W) x 67 (D) x 17 (H) mm
- Weight: 0.19 lbs. (88 g)