The Line 6 POD HD Pro X is the new incarnation of the Line 6 POD HD, providing greater control over HD amp models and effects.
The Line 6 POD HD Pro X picks up very much from where its predecessor left off, combining the same great-sounding amp models and effects with an increased level of control over sculpting the ideal tone for your needs.
The POD HD Pro X is ideal for use both live and in the studio, where it also provides an XLR microphone input, complete with Phantom power, and a USB output to record both guitar and vocals to your chosen digital audio workstation (DAW). For stage use, the POD HD Pro X has both XLR and jack outputs, ideal for connecting to a PA system or guitar amp. An additional direct output is useful for recording just your dry guitar sound for re-amping later.
There is a dedicated input for Variax guitars, as well as I/O for S/PDIF, MIDI and AES/EBU. The audio outputs have Output Level switches, for determining whether the sound is outputted as line, mic or amp level. The front of the unit provides two sections of controls; a comprehensive selection of knobs for customising amp tones, including three-band EQ, Presence, Drive and Volume controls, and a four knobs for changing effects parameters. The LED display allows you to choose your amp model, as well as which effects will be used and in what order.
Of course, the rack-mountable POD HD Pro X can also just be used for its effects, and then fed into the front of a guitar amplifier. There’s a huge variety of effects, as well as accurate models of actual pedals such as a Fuzz Face and Tube Screamer as well as Wah and delay pedals. There’s even a stereo effects loop for connecting your existing effects units to the POD HD Pro X, with the added control of choosing where abouts in the signal chain you’d like the effects loop to appear.
The main features of the Line 6 POD HD Pro X include:
- Rack-mountable amp modelling and effects unit and audio interface
- Extensive collection of award-winning HD amps for authentic tone and feel
- 100+ studio and stomp effects—use up to eight simultaneously
- Selectable speaker cabinets and mics
- Dual signal paths
- Multiple routing options
- Dynamic DSP with more power for amps and effects
- Stereo FX loop can be inserted anywhere in the signal chain
- Comprehensive inputs and outputs include USB 2.0, MIDI, S/PDIF, AES/EBU, balanced XLR outputs, 1/4” dry out and integrated mic preamp
- Guitar input with variable impedance
- L6 LINK connection for integrating and controlling DT-series amplifiers and StageSource-series loudspeakers
- VDI connection for integrating and controlling James Tyler Variax guitars
- 8 set lists containing 64 presets
- 512 user-writable preset locations
- Integrated 48-second looper
- Built-in chromatic tuner
- Downloadable POD HD Pro X software editor/patch librarian