Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special Combo - Pure Class A, EL-84 Powered Guitar amplifier combo featuring Channel Assignable Power that allows you to assign 1, 2 or all 4 EL-84’s to either of its 2 Channels for independent Power Ratings of 5, 15 or 30 Watts!
Where the Mesa Boogie Lone-Star Special Combo's bigger Brother boasts the huge warmth and headroom of 6L6 power, the Special delivers seductive, bubbly tone and a sensual, elastic feel. This Lone Star is short on weight, but tall on personality.
Authentic retro-tone is all about power and the way it clips. Yet in any given amp, the sweet-spot of power clip is inseparably tied to its wattage and playing loudness. The Lone Star Special smashes this age-old limitation by offering three distinct power configurations, each with its own window of wattage: 30, 15, or 5. Perfect Power. Per Channel. On Demand.
The Mesa Boogie LoneStar Special 1x12" Combo main features include:
- Pure Class A, Multi-Watt™, Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent Pending) allows you to assign either 1, 2 or all 4 Power Tubes to each Channel for Power Ratings of 5, 15 or 30 Watts per Channel via independent 5/15/30 Watt Power Switches / 4xEL84, 5x12AX7, 1x5Y3
- Rectifier Tracking™ (5&15 Watt Mode = Tube, 30 Watt = Diode - Patents 5,168,438 & 7,193,458)
- 2 Fully Independent Channels each with Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Reverb & Master Controls
- Channel 1 Boutique Vintage Clean/Classic Breakup
- Channel 2 Clone or Ch 1 or Cascading High Gain
- Drive/Clean Switch activates Ch 2 “Drive” Control (Multi-Stage Cascading Gain Circuit)
- Thick/Normal/Thicker Voicing Switch (Channel 2)
- All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb with Bright/Warm Reverb Tone Switch
- Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control – Patent 6,724,897 (over all channels
- All-Tube FX Loop with Send Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- True “Hard” Bypass Switch that removes FX Loop, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path.
- Slave Out w/Level Control
- Fan Cooled with On/Off Switch
- External Switching Jacks for Channels 1/2, Solo & Reverb
- All Aluminum Chassis
- 2 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2 & Solo)
- Slip Cover