The Mesa Boogie Mark V Medium Valve Guitar Amp Combo is really a collection of amplifiers. There are far too many circuits and sounds to think of it as merely an amp. It is also a living history of our company. From the groundbreaking MARK I that introduced the world to high-gain with it’s cascading pre amp, to the Mark II - the world’s first high gain Dual Mode Channel Switching amplifier and it’s later siblings that introduced Simul-Class™power. From the MARK III that ushered in the era of 3 Channel footswtching performance, to the MARK IV which gave all this power individual control, the MARK V is the embodiment of the last 40 years of guitar amp history.
The Mesa Boogie Mark V features an on-board 5 Band Graphic EQ that has been an iconic trademark of MARK Series Boogies since they first appeared on the MARK I back in 1970. The shaping power of this feature can’t be denied, especially when combined with the MARK II’s tight, focused gain sound. In the ‘80’s the classic “V” setting of the EQ on MARK II and III models became a new sound in Heavy Rock and etched the on-board Graphic a place in Rock history.
The MARK 5 presents you with two ways to utilize this power. 90 WATTS combines the two wiring styles to deliver the maximum power and headroom. It is substantially sweeter and warmer, and is little more scooped than a standard 100 Watt amp, yet with plenty of punch and authority. 45 WATTS shuts down the middle pair of output tubes wired in CLASS AB and allows you to operate the output section in just the CLASS A mode for a perfect lower wattage range that clips sweeter and earlier, and yet is still plenty powerful enough to play out in medium sized venues.
The Mesa Boogie Mark V Medium Valve Guitar Amp Head main features include:
- 12" Speaker
- Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL34)
- Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance
- Full Power/Variac Power™ Switch (Patent 5,091,700)
- 3 Fully Independent Channels with 9 Modes (Channel 1 = Clean, Fat or Tweed™, Channel 2 = Edge, Crunch or Mark I™, Channel 3 = Mark IIC+™, Mark IV™ or Extreme)
- Normal/Bold Switch on Channel 1, Normal/Thick Switch on Channel 2 (Mark I mode only), Normal/Bright Switch & Pentode/Triode Switch on Channel 3
- Each Channel features: Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Master, Footswitchable or Auto-Assignable Contour Depth Control, Footswitchable All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb Control, Rectifier Tracking™ (Auto-selects Tube for all 10 Watt Modes, Diode for all 90 Watt Modes, selectable Tube or Diode for 45 Watt Modes on Channels 1 and 2, Diode for 45 Watt Mode on Channel 3 - Patents 5,168,438 & 7,193,458)
- 5 Band Graphic EQ is Footswitchable, Channel Assignable and Selectable between 1 group of 5-Band Sliders or 3 channel specific, variable depth Contour Controls
- 5 Band EQ
- Footswitchable, Channel Assignable or True Bypassable All-Tube FX Loop with Send Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Effects Loop
- Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control – Patent 6,724,897 (over all channels when activated)
- True “Hard” Bypass Switch removes FX Loops, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
- Tuner Output w/Footswitchable Mute
- Slave Out w/Level Control
- Fan Cooled with On/Off Switch
- External Switching Jacks for Channels 2, 3 (channel 1 is default), EQ & Solo
- Aluminum Chassis • New 4x4 - 8 Button Footswitch (Bottom Row: Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3, Solo – Top Row: Reverb, FX Loop, EQ & Tuner Mute)
- Slip Cover