The AKG HSC 171 is a professional headset designed for broadcast and recording use, based on the K171 Headphones.
In addition to excellent comfort, optimum ambient-noise attenuation, and outstanding audio quality, the AKG HSC 171 uses the same proven detachable cable as the Studio Series headphones. So should a cable become defective under the enormous stress of day-to-day broadcast work, it can be replaced quickly and without any tools.
The flexible microphone arm swivels through a 270-degree arc and mutes the microphone automatically as you move it up – no need to fumble for a mute button! Also, you can wear the microphone to the left or right of your mouth depending on your preferences or available space.
Commentators, off-camera moderators, camera operators, or sound engineers - the AKG HSC 171 is always the perfect tool for any application in professional audio and satisfy every user’s personal preferences.
AKG HSC 171 main features include:
- Professional headset derived from K 171 Studio headphones
- Closed-back headphones for optimum ambient-noise attenuation
- Condenser microphone
- Flexible microphone arm with shock mounted transducer, swiveling through 270 degrees for left or right-hand use
- Noiseless microswitches for automatic microphone muting
- Headphone auto-mute function
- Detachable cable with mini XLR connector
- Switchable bass cut filter
- Mic Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Type prepolarized condenser microphone
- Frequency range 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity 25 mV/Pa
- Max. SPL 126 dB (for 1% THD)
- Equivalent noise level 22 dB(A)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted) 72 dB
- Impedance <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance >=2.000 ohms
- Supply voltage 9 to 52 V phantom power
- Current consumption <=2 mA
- Headphone Frequency range: 18 Hz to 26 kHz
- Sensitivity 94 dB SPL/mW
- Rated impedance 55 ohms
- THD: <0.4 %
- Connector: 6-pin mini XLR connector
- Finish matte black
- Net weight: 250 g (8.8 oz.)