The Akai MPC Fly Music Production Controller for iPad is a portable MPC solution to be used in conjunction with Apple’s iPad (iPad not included).
Meeting the demands of today’s mobile music-creators, the Akai MPC Fly takes a tried-and-tested music production system and marries it with the latest in portable computing technology. Designed specifically for the iPad 2, the MPC Fly offers complete control over iOS-based music production applications. A fitted compartment houses your iPad, which works seamlessly with the MPC controller hardware using the MPC App.
The MPC Fly features 16 backlit MPC pads with familiar MPC Note Repeat and MPC Swing functions, transport controls and navigation buttons. The MPC App then allows for sequencing, sampling, groove production and mixing with effects, all viewable on the iPad screen. Your mobile creations can then be transferred to a Mac or PC for further editing and mastering.
As well as running the MPC App, the Akai MPC Fly can operate virtually any Core MIDI App running on the iPad, offering hands-on control of the app’s of today and those yet to be released. The double-hinged case gives protection to both the MPC Fly controller and iPad, and can be folded flat, angled for easy viewing, or closed for transportation. A built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery powers the MPC Fly, and when plugged into mains power the iPad is also recharged.
Akai MPC Fly main features include:
- The first MPC designed specifically for iPad 2
- Fitted compartment for iPad provides fully integrated portable MPC solution
- 16 backlit genuine MPC pads with MPC Note Repeat & MPC Swing
- Works seamlessly with the MPC App: sequence & sample editing, effects, EQ and more
- Create beats on the go and transfer to a Mac or PC for further mastering
- Double-hinged case sits upright, lies flat or closes for transport
- Compatible with virtually any Core MIDI app
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charges iPad when plugged into wall power