The AKAI MPC Renaissance defines a new standard in music production hardware, combining traditional MPC functionality with computer connectivity and control.
The MPC Renaissance integrates familiar MPC hardware with USB connectivity and MPC software for both Mac and PC platforms. The hardware features tried-and-tested MPC tools: 16 backlit rubberized MPC pads, Q-link controls, note repeat, MPC swing and MPC transport, while the software can work as a plug-in or standalone application with 64-tracks of sequencing. Included with the software is a huge sound library (over 6GB), including the complete sound-set from the MPC3000, plus some great new sounds.
The hardware itself has plenty of audio and MIDI i/o, so can be at the heart of any production system, featuring XLR, SPDIF and turntable connections. The backlit LCD display allows for easy navigation and visual indication of control parameters, so you can instantly get down the creative aspects of your production. If you prefer the “old school” sound of classic MPC’s then there is also a “Vintage Mode” that emulates the sound of the classic MPC60 and MPC3000 versions. The MPC Renaissance can also import samples in any previous MPC format.
Connection to your computer is via USB 2.0, and a USB hub is included to allow more peripherals to be connected. This functions as both software control and audio interface. MPC Software parameters can be mapped instantly from MPC hardware Q-Link controls for instant tweaking of parameters, providing complete integration between the hands-on and virtual worlds.
With all that functionality, the Akai MPC Renaissance is set to continue the MPC legend well into the future, producing more hit tunes and providing a seriously creative tool for studio and stage.
The main features of the AKAI MPC Renaissance include:
- Fuses legendary MPC production with the processing power of your computer
- Vintage Mode changes output sound character to MPC3000, MPC60 and more
- 16 backlit genuine MPC pads, 16 Q-Link controls, and adjustable backlit LCD screen
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing and MPC transport controls
- MPC SOFTWARE for Mac or PC with 64-track sequencing capability
- Two XLR-1/4” combo inputs and dedicated turntable input
- Four-channel US B 2.0 audio interface and two-port US B 2.0 hub built in
- Up to eight pad banks - more than any other MPC ever
- Two MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs
- Stereo 1/4” out, stereo assignable mix 1/4” out & S/PDIF I/O
- 64-track sequencing capability
- Massive 6GB+ sound library, including all of the sounds of the classic MPC3000
- Instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plug-ins
- Record each track as an MPC drum program, Keygroup program or VST plug-in
- Runs standalone and as VST, AU or RTAS plug-in
- Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX and SND
- Supports samples and sequences from any MPC ever made
- Mac and PC-compatible