The Arturia MicroBrute is a two octave, monophonic analogue synthesizer based on the almighty Minibrute.
Featuring a multiwave oscillator the Microbrute can blend saw, square and triangle waveforms alongside a sub oscillator. Each of these can be mixed with one knob per function operation and can have parameters such as pulse-width and ultrasaw to finely craft your sound. The Metalizer feature for the triangle waveform has also been carried across from the Minibrute to add some harmonic grit. When taken past the 12 o’clock position, each of the oscillators begins to drive the filter for added warmth through to all out distortion.
Another amazing addition to the Arturia MicroBrute is the brand new pattern sequencer that allows the user to programme and record their own sequences with up to 64 steps, including rest beats. Up to eight of these patterns can be stored within the synthesizer at any one time. An additional tap tempo allows fast BPM tuning, and can also be synced to external gear or a computer.
The Microbrute features a Steiner-Parker filter also found on the original, with high pass, band pass and low pass modes, and a lovely smooth sound that can be overdriven without any harsh artefacts; but can also be driven into self-oscillation with the resonance fully cranked. The Brute Factor exponentially feedback varying degrees of signal back into itself to add subtle weight to full on overdriven tones. This works well in conjunction with the filter for electro bass lines through to soaring leads. The rear mounted audio input allows signals to be processed through the filter section including the Brute Factor and can have all the envelope and LFO modulation applied in the same way an oscillator can.
A new addition in the Microbrute synthesizer is a patchable modulation matrix, making it semi modular in design meaning the envelope and LFO CV outputs can be patched to a variety of destination including the oscillators, filter as well as the metalizer and pulse width modulation. This adds movement and sound design possibilities to the synth. You can also send these out to external synths or modular gear that has CV IN/OUT.
The main features of the Arturia MicroBrute include:
- Monophonic synthesizer
- 100% Analog Audio Signal Path
- Steiner-Parker Multimode Filter (LP, BP, HP)
- Voltage Controlled Oscillator with new Overtone Sub-Osc
- Oscillator Mixer (Sub, Sawtooth, Square, Triangle)
- LFO with 3 waveforms and destination attenuator
- Brute Factor™ delivering saturation and rich harmonics
- Ultrasaw generating shimmering sawtooth waveforms
- Metalizer bringing extreme triangle harmonics
- Fast Envelope Generator
- 25 note mini Keyboard
- External Analog Audio Input (level pot on rear)
- CV Inputs: Pitch, Filter, Sub-mod, Pulse, Saw animator, metalizer, gate in.
- CV outputs: Pitch, Gate, Env, LFO
- MIDI Inwith 5-Pin DIN connector
- USB MIDI In/Out
- 1/4” Audio Output and 1/8” Headphone Output
- Free Editor Software
- Step Sequencer :
- 8 sequences stored on power down
- Rate control
- Sync to MIDI clock
- Multiple modes (via software editor)
- Tap tempo/rest insert