Origin is Arturia’s introduction to hardware synthesis, utilising a modular system which furthers a leading edge approach in the design of sound.
The Arturia Origin is stacked with modules extracted from the most popular synths of all time; ARP 2600, Moog Modular, Yamaha CS-80, Moog Minimoog and Sequential Circuits Prophet VS. Origin combines the modules. The result is a new kind of sound palette available through a highly intuitive interface.
Arturia Origin sounds like nothing else on the market. It achieves True Analog Emulation, technology which models accurately analogue synthesizers, allowing a layering of up to four of these classic keyboards without utilizing any of the computer’s CPU. Origin also takes the idea of historical analogue modular systems to new levels using innovative digital technology.
New synths that never existed can be created by combining different models from the available systems; take oscillators from the Minimoog, the filters from the CS-80 and the Bode shifter from the Moog Modular V to create your own module and sounds.
Arturia Origin uses two Analog Devices TigerSHARC DSP processors that have more audio power than even the newest multi-core PC processors. More than that, Origin is not an ordinary hardware synthesizer; it’s an integrated system proffering the best in the hardware and software universe. Origin can also be used as a standalone device to play live on stage and as a plug-in with your DAW in the studio.
Arturia Origin main features include:
- More than 500 presets created by talented musicians and synthesizer specialists
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony for a typical patch
- Create your own patch or use an existing audio structure: an Origin patch made by connecting independent modules, or the Minimoog V, the ARP 2600, the CS-80, the Moog Modular.
- Superb audio quality with TAE engine. 24 bits/96 kHz supported.
- Compatibility with most of the presets from the Arturia Classic virtual Analog synthesizers.
- Origin lets you open dedicated software on your Mac and PC and use it as an AU or VST plug-in. All the sounds are calculated on the machine while you work on your computer as you would do with a native application.
- Analog: 2 audio ins, 10 audio outs. Digital: SPDIF out, USB 2.0
- Large selection of effects: Phaser, Chorus, Delay, FX Reverbs, Distortion, Parametric Eq, Compressor, Bitcrusher
16/32 step sequencer
- Innovative Macro, Advanced LFO, modulation modes, Advanced Joystick modes.
- MIDI : In, Out, Thru or USB 2