The Casio Privia Pro PX-5S takes the stage pianos category to the next level with its amazing sound quality, great performance characteristics and lightweight design that makes it extremely portable.
Some of the features of the Privia Pro PX-5S include tone editing, insert effects, MIDI controller functionality, 88 Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II keys and a weight of only 24lbs (10.8kg), making this a formidable stage piano from Casio.
At the core of the PX-5S is Casio’s proprietary AiR sound source which gives phenomenal realism, expression and detail for grand piano sounds. Within the PX-5S, the functionality of AiR has been expanded to give incredible fidelity and control over other instrument tones and effects, and has 256 notes of polyphony. In addition to the award winning grand piano sounds, there are loads of new sounds like classic electric piano, harpsichord and clavinet sounds. The PX-5S can also be split into four zones and has four knobs and six sliders to be used in conjunction with this feature. Each zone can control an internal sound, an external MIDI device or both simultaneously.
The PX-5S includes Hex Layer tones with real-time filters and has four programmable arpeggiators and multitrack phrase sequencing. Each zone can be programmed to use an arpeggiator or trigger a phrase. Unique to the PX-5S is that the arpeggiator can be used to trigger parameter changes, with or without pressing notes. There are 100 arpeggiator presets with space for another 100 of your own, and 100 phrase presets with space for 900 of your own.
Stage settings allows users to have 100 completely user configurable stage settings which are saved in 10 banks of 10 settings each. The PX-5S allows for expressive control via its modulation & pitch bend wheels, four knobs, six sliders and two footswitch inputs. Each knob, slider or pedal can control two parameters at the same time. Pedal inputs are very configurable and include envelope response. MIDI over class compliant USB makes it extremely easy to connect the PX-5S with your host system and is supported on both Mac and PC.
The Casio Privia Pro PX-5S features include:
- 88 note Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action II
- Max 256 note polyphony
- Number of tones:
370 preset / 350 user
Keyboard instrument (inc. electric piano) – 60 preset / 50 user
Hex layer – 50 preset / 150 user
- 100 stage settings – four zone configurations
- Controllers: four knobs, six sliders, mod & pitch wheels, two pedal inputs
- Four simultaneous programmable 16 step arpeggiators
- Eight track phrase sequencer with up to 1000 phrases
- USB storage & audio recording
- Onboard effects include reverb, chorus, delay, string & damper resonance
- Insert effects (four simultaneous): equaliser, compressor, limiter, enhancer, early reflection, phaser, chorus, flanger, tremolo, auto pan, rotary, drive rotary, LFO wah, distortion (with amp simulator), pitch shifter, multi chorus, ring modulation, delay, piano effect
- Master effects: Four band equaliser, compressor
- MIDI over USB
- MIDI input & output
- 6.3mm left & right line input
- 6.3mm left & right line output
- 3.5mm mini jack input
- Dimensions of 132.2cm x 28.6cm x 13.5cm
- Weighs 10.8kg