This bundle includes the DI Mopho Keyboard and the DSI Tetra module - just hook them up using the Poly Chain out to get a massive 5-voice analogue monster!
The Dave Smith Instruments Mopho Keyboard is a much requested keyboard version of the popular Mopho monophonic analog synthesiser. This offers the same compact, affordable and powerful functions as its brother but with more knobs, switches and of course, a 32-note weighted keyboard. The voice architecture of the Mopho is identical to a single voice of the Prophet '08, but with a couple of unique twists. DSI have added two sub-octave generators, one per oscillator for additional girth and crushing bass. It also has an audio input that lets you process external audio and mix Mopho's own audio output back in pre-filtered - for feedback effects that range from subtle distortion to extreme skronk.
The DSI Mopho is fully programmable and all parameters can be tweaked from the front panel making this version a lot easier than its little brother. You can also expand the voicing of the MoPho by combining it with the Tetra synthesiser, giving you 5-voices at your disposal. The Mopho is perfect for people who want to learn analog synthesis without spending a fortune. Making this classy looking synthesiser a great add-on to the DSI family.
The Dave Smith Instruments Mopho Keyboard Main Features Include:
- Affordable, fully programmable mono synth with a 100% analog signal path.
- 32-Note Velocity Sensitive Weighted Keyboard with Aftertouch
- Classic, real analog sound including legendary Curtis analog low-pass filter.
- Process external audio through the filter and envelopes.
- 100% analog signal path
- Two oscillators
- One classic Curtis low-pass filter (switchable 2 or 4-pole)
- Analog VCAs
- Three envelope generators (ADSR plus delay)
- Two sub-octave generators (one octave down and two octaves down)
- External audio input with feedback
- Gated 16x4 step sequencer (one sequence per program)
- I/O: MIDI In, MIDI Out/Thru, Audio In, Left and Right Audio Out, Headphone Out
The Dave Smith Instruments TETRA is a standalone, four-voice, analog poly synthesizer with four banks of 128 programs and separate outputs.
Tetra’s voice architecture is the same as Mopho’s, but with a couple of notable differences. There is no external audio input, but input gain is now programmable for total recall of feedback settings. Other features include separate outputs for each of the four voices and, for the first time ever on a DSI synth, USB support.
Tetra is expandable. Up to four units can be chained for 16-voice polyphony. Or add one or two units to a Prophet ’08 for 12- or 16-voice polyphony. The Prophet ’08 factory programs are included.
The Dave Smith Instruments TETRA Main features Include:
- Multitimbral four-voice analog synthesizer
- 100% analog signal path
- Two oscillators per voice (sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle, square with variable pulse width) with hard sync
- White noise generator
- One classic Curtis low-pass filter (switchable 2- or 4-pole) per voice, self-oscillating in 4-pole mode
- Analog VCAs
- Three envelope generators (ADSR plus delay) per voice
- Four LFOs per voice
- Two sub-octave generators (one octave down and two octaves down) per voice
- Feedback loop per voice with programmable level and gain
- Four assignable performance controls per program
- Gated 16 x 4 step sequencer (one sequence per program)
- Fully programmable (free downloadable software editor for Mac OS and Windows)
- 512 programs organized into four banks of 128; 128 combos
- I/O: USB 2.0 (type B receptacle), MIDI In, MIDI Out/Thru, Poly Chain Out, Audio Outs 1/Left, 2/Right, 3, and 4 (1/4" unbalanced), 1/4" Headphone Out
- 7.9" L x 5" W x 2.7" H (20.07 cm x 12.7 cm x 6.86 cm)
- 1.8 lb. (0.81 kg)
Dave Smith Instruments Mopho Keyboard and Tetra (code 71832)
32-Note Monophonic Analogue Synthesizer plus 4 Voice Analog Polyphonic Synthesizer Module [UXB]
£1,099.57 (inc vat)