The Dave Smith Instruments Mopho x4 is a 4-voice polyphonic synthesizer based on the legendary Mopho and Tetra synthesizers.
The Mopho x4 by Dave Smith Instruments boasts the same voice architecture of its predecessor but with 4-voice polyphony, delivering earth shattering basses, powerful and rich leads, and lush, ethereal pads that have made Dave Smith Instruments so popular throughout the world.
The elegantly designed Mopho x contains four voices, each with two analogue oscillators, two sub oscillators and the legendary Curtis Low-pass filter with a choice of 2- or 4-pole filters. In addition the Mopho x4 provides no less than three 5-stage envelopes (ADHSR), four LFOs, a 16x4 step sequencer and an arpeggiator, all in one well-proportioned package. What’s more the Mopho x4 is a dream come true for many synthesists looking to create otherworldly sounds thanks to 20 modulation sources and almost 50 destinations, FM filtering and a feedback path for 100 per cent analogue sonic mayhem.
Just like the Tetra and the Mopho, The Dave Smith Mopho x4 has been conceived with playability and intuitiveness in mind and as such all parameters are fully programmable and editable directly from the front panel, with controls clearly laid out throughout offering maximum tweakability. To top it all off, the Mopho comes with a 44-note velocity-sensitive, semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch and freely-assignable, robust Pitch and Mod wheels.
Connect the Dave Smith Mopho x4 to other Dave Smith Instruments synthesisers such as a Prophet ‘08, a MoPho, or even up to three Tetras using Dave Smith’s proprietary Poly Chain and expand your setup to as many as 16-voice polyphonic super synths!
The main characteristics of the Dave Smith Instruments Mopho X4 include:
- 4-Voice polyphony analogue synthesiser based on the legendary Mopho
- 44-note velocity sensitive semi weighted keyboard with aftertouch
- 2 Oscillators, 2 sub oscillators, and 2- and 4-pole Curtis Low Pass filters per voice
- Three ADSHR envelopes, four LFOs, step sequencer and arpeggiator
- Unrivaled routing flexibility with 20 modulation sources and almost 50 destinations
- FM filtering and feedback path
- Poly Chain: expand your Mopho x4 to up to 16 voices (with three Tetras)
- Freely Assignable Pitch and Mod Wheels