The Korg Monotribe Analog Ribbon Station is a new form of synthesizer that packs an amazing array of features and technology into its compact body.
It is designed to provide you with the best analog synthesiser making equipment with responsive real-time control via the ribbon keyboard. Following on from the Korg Monotron, the first analogue synth to be developed in 25 years, the Monotribe takes the best parts of the Monotron such as the Electribe groovebox sequencer and builds on the design. For a start it is self-contained using its own built-in speaker system and runs off batteries. It is lightweight and compact allowing you to create grooves wherever you want.
The Korg Electribe sequencer is intuitive and extremely enjoyable to use. Eight buttons control each of 8 steps of a musical sequencer and you can select whether you wish to programme hi-hat, bass drum, snare or synthesizer. The ribbon keyboard allows you to input synth parts giving you musical versatility. With the real-time editing function, you can punch steps in and weave in breaks and other patterns without interrupting the music. Armed with the sonic power of classic Korg synths within no time you can produce a unique song idea - the possibilities are endless.
The synthesizer is based around an analogue voltage control oscillator which offers a choice between sawtooth, triangle and squarewave, and the VCF circuitry found in legendary Korg MS-10 and MS-20 semi-modular synthesizers. You can produce anything from warm and easy-going sounds to deep bass and piercing lead lines.
For added flexibility you can synch the Monotribe to your digital audio workstation and the device comes with Sync In and Sync Out jacks so that you can link the Korg up with multiple units. The Korg will deliver many hours of enjoyment and aides your creativity by giving you easy access to huge range of possibilities and sounds.
Korg Monotribe main features include:
- Powerful true analog synthesis
- 3-part analog drums, using discrete analog circuitry
- Electribe-style sequencing
- Active Step and Flux features for realtime dynamic loop manipulation
- Advanced multi-function ribbon keyboard; Chromatic, Continuous, & Wide modes
- Auto-tuning provides stable pitch for accurate chromatic playability
- Selectable oscillator waveform, noise generator, and versatile LFO
- Uses the same VCF (filter) circuit as the classic MS-10/MS-20
- Sync In & Out jacks allows synchronized integration with multiple units
- 6 x AA battery operation (included), built-in speaker and compact size for on-the-go groove-making