The Korg Monotron DUO Analogue Ribbon Synthesizer is the next addition to the Krog Monotron range of portable analogue synths. Just like the Monotron, Monotron DUO is palm-sized and battery-powered; but with more extreme sounds and effects. Take the Monotron DUO anywhere to studio sessions, live stage events or if your just want something to do. Go analogue with the Monotron DUO.
The Monotron Duo from Korg features X-MOD (Cross Modulation circuit), taken from Korg's classic Mono/Poly can introduce a mild or razor-sharp edge to the overall sound; everything from a rich vibrato to extreme metallic sounds reminiscent of an FM synth. The Ribbon control on the Monotron DUO has been enhanced and features the familiar Scale function used on the Korg Kaossilator. You can use this button to select one of four scales: Chromatic, Major, Minor, or Off. Choose the Chromatic scale to play precise pitches as on a piano, or choose Major or Minor to generate musically coherent phrases by simply sliding your finger around on the keyboard.
Other great DUO features include a Fully-patchable Filter and Classic Korg Filtering. The input jack (AUX input) built into the monotron DUO’s compact body allow you to place any audio source into the monotron DUO’s signal path, directly before the analog filter. This provides a great way to connect a Kaossilator, a guitar, or a digital audio player to the monotron and enjoy tone-bending filter effects
The main features of the Monotron Duo include:
- Two analog oscillators (VCO) with individual tunings
- Edgy X-MOD circuit borrowed from Korg’s classic Mono/Poly
- Ribbon controller keyboard with Scale Select
- Original Analog (VCF) Filter taken from the classic MS-10 and MS-20
- Aux input jack lets you apply filter to any audio source
- Built-in speaker and battery power for Go Anywhere Analog sound
- Headphone jack for private use