The Moog Mother-32 Semi-Modular Synthesizer is a distinctive analogue instrument that adds raw analogue sound, sequencing and extensive interconnectivity to any electronic or modular ecosystem.
The first table top synth from Moog has been meticulously designed to provide enough creative tools to inspire music, unique sound and endless sonic exploration. This 100% analogue instrument features a one knob per-function interface, making things easy for those that don’t have vast synthesis knowledge.
The Mother-32 features a semi-modular design that requires no patching to get started, allowing you to start your journey through synthesis instantly. When you want to extend your synth complexity, an extensive 32-point patchbay unlocks truly expressive, unique and complex synthesis capabilities. The patchbay also provides access to a wealth of sounds and functionality including an assignable CV output jack, MIDI to CV conversion, external audio input, a second voltage-controlled mixer, sync, and multiple unit expandability.
A powerful 10-octave analogue oscillator with variable pulse width is one of the on-board sound sources, along with an analogue white noise generator. Blending the signals from each sound source via the voltage-controlled mixer makes for dynamic sound creation and manipulation. From the mixer, sound travels through a Moog Ladder Filter with selectable low pass and high pass filter types.
Mother-32’s comprehensive 32-step, voltage controlled sequencer makes musical creation and programming simple. Two sequencing styles are available, allowing each user to quickly create new musical ideas with ease and familiarity. A total of 64 patterns can be stored and recalled within Mother-32’s memory bank.
The Mother-32 is housed in a laser-etched, black aluminium enclosure that’s finished with traditional Moog wood sidepieces. When paired with either the 2 Tier or 3 Tier Rack Kits, you can mount multiple Mother-32 together for increased modularity and synthesis capabilities.
Mother-32 is an expandable analogue ecosystem that allows multiple units to easily be mounted and patched together for extended synthesis capabilities.
The main features of the Moog Mother-32 Semi-Modular Synthesizer include:
- Semi-Modular design requires no patching for swift, inspired music creation
- 10-octave analogue oscillator with variable pulse width
- Analogue white noise generator
- Voltage Controlled 32 Step Sequencer with 64 Sequence Locations
- Low Pass & High Pass Moog Ladder Filter (20Hz–20KHz) with voltage controlled resonance
- External audio input for processing outside sound sources
- Definitive Moog oscillator with Pulse and Sawtooth wave outputs
- 5-pin MIDI input and MIDI to CV converter
- 32 Modular Patch Points (Includes 5 patch cables)
- 2 Voltage controlled mixers
- Superb companion to Werkstatt 01, Minitaur and other synthesizers
- Main module can be easily transferred into a Eurorack skiff or case
- Mount 2 or 3 units vertically with optional 2 and 3 Tier kits
- Complete solution for new Eurorack users – no other items required